LG G3 Amazing battery life!

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
Charged my phone last night and unplugged this morning at 9..throughout my day used it for texting, Facebook, histogram, some web browsing and music streaming..still got this much left. Down to 55%. Anyone like this?😌😀uploadfromtaptalk1409971780159.jpg

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Amazing battery life!

Yes.
Once it gets into the groove, the G3 battery is really amazing.
The only problem if it gets a rogue app which kills it, but that goes for any device.

Mav. :cool:

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site

My battery sucked at first, but after I removed some bloatware and the device got conditioned, my battery has been great ever since.

Posted via Android Central App

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

My battery sucked at first, but after I removed some bloatware and the device got conditioned, my battery has been great ever since.

How do I remove the bloatware? And what % should I start charging my phone? It's at 34% as if this moment.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Regarding charging, there are various online recommendations about the optimal ways of charging batteries, but you could drive yourself mad trying to adhere to them. I usually charge at about 20%, use the phone while charging, disconnect some time after reaching 100%. If this shortens battery life, I can always buy another as and when.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Regarding charging, there are various online recommendations about the optimal ways of charging batteries, but you could drive yourself mad trying to adhere to them. I usually charge at about 20%, use the phone while charging, disconnect some time after reaching 100%. If this shortens battery life, I can always buy another as and when.

Indeed the great thing about removable batteries :)

Posted via the Android Central App

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Yea I pretty much do the same thing, when it reaches 25% or 30% I usually charge it up to 100% if I can if not maybe 80% and if it shortens the battery life its' always removable to purchase a new battery lol. Not too worried about it anymore but I did download battery guru, heard it takes about a week for it learn about your ways of charging, idk how it works, we'll see how it goes.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

That's actually not as good as you think.
Add up the usage time and estimated time and you get 24:33
Seems like the LG G3 battery only lasts one solid day.
Trust me I have debloated the heck out of this thing and still have issues with battery drain.
However, before I rooted and debloated I got a solid 3-4 days off one charge.
I had all google stuff disabled though and deleted what I could stock.

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

That's actually not as good as you think.
Add up the usage time and estimated time and you get 24:33
Seems like the LG G3 battery only lasts one solid day.
Trust me I have debloated the heck out of this thing and still have issues with battery drain.
However, before I rooted and debloated I got a solid 3-4 days off one charge.
I had all google stuff disabled though and deleted what I could stock.

I have a macbook air how do I root my phone with a mac? lol. I'd like to root it.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

The battery has been more than adequate for me. I usually take it off the charger around 5 or 6 in the morning, use it all day for texting, a few phone calls, browsing, etc and the battery is well over 50 when I get home at 5pm. I'll put it on the charger around 10 or 11 and its usually in the mid 30 to low 40 percent range. For comparison, when I had my note 3 I would have to plug it in right when I got home.

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

Yep. It seems like the more you use it the better the battery becomes. And removing the bloatware helps too.

Posted via the LG G3

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Hey I'm sorry I misunderstood your question, I thought you wanted to root your MacBook.

Just use your phone's browser and go to towelroot.com and click on the symbol.
That should download the app to root your phone.
Make sure unknown sources is on so you can install the app.
Once installed click on the "make it rain" button and you should be rooted immediately.
After that just go to the play store and download a super user app.
That is what gives root access to other apps.
You can also download a root checker app to verify that you are rooted.

dark_ephemeral

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site

Hey I'm sorry I misunderstood your question, I thought you wanted to root your MacBook.

Just use your phone's browser and go to towelroot.com and click on the symbol.
That should download the app to root your phone.
Make sure unknown sources is on so you can install the app.
Once installed click on the "make it rain" button and you should be rooted immediately.
After that just go to the play store and download a super user app.
That is what gives root access to other apps.
You can also download a root checker app to verify that you are rooted.
When I root..what voids my warranty? And if I don't want to root anymore, how do I unroot?

bongaroo

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

Back to topic, I went camping 4 days and had no data signal the whole time. Put the phone in airplane mode and took photos and played a few games. Had 3% left on day 5 getting in the car.

It was awesome.

Posted via my LG G3

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
My standby time is pretty good but it goes down fast when I'm using it. I have sync off of almost all my apps (Facebook, twitter etc) but doesn't seem to help much. I run auto brightness and it keeps the screen pretty dim. Hopefully it will get a little better over time. I can get about 4 hours screen time on 4g. No videos or gaming just web browsing/forums and texts/email. I thought I would be able to get close to 5 or 6 without streaming video or gaming..