Watch UFC 245 Exclusively on ESPN+

Catch Every Moment of UFC 245 Experience UFC PPV events like never before with ESPN+ and save over 25%!

Expand Minimize
    I recently bought a Samsung s5 because I was told that it had good battery life. I was wondering what the battery life on the LG G3 is like?
    09-06-2014 04:01 PM
    Battery life is very decent :-)
    Attached Thumbnails What is the battery life like on the LG G3I-1410034564934.jpg  
    09-06-2014 04:16 PM
    But how is it comapred to the LG G2 and the Samsung Galaxy S5
    09-06-2014 04:21 PM
    But how is it comapred to the LG G2 and the Samsung Galaxy S5
    I have both an S5 and the G3. Had the S5 first. I have set both phones up the same way. I use locations services set to high accuracy and use Google Now a lot with voice activation set from any screen, wifi is always on, Bluetooth is always on for my headset when commuting, three email accounts syncing (exchange set to push, pop3 set to fetch hourly and a gmail account). I don't turn features on and off, I leave them set for my normal daily use. My experience has been that the G3 has far better battery life under these conditions for me and in the areas I travel with AT&T with fairly good signal strength at most times. The S5 tends to use 2-3% per hour in standby mode while the G3 uses very little (less than 1% per hour). During normal use I find that I will have about 20-30% more battery left at the end of my day with the G3 than with the S5. I don't really game with my phones except the occasional time waster when I have some down time. I use my phones mostly for communications (calls, text messaging and email) with some internet use, calendar and reminder scheduling, notes and a little picture taking.
    Leoschut01 likes this.
    09-06-2014 04:45 PM
    I have both an S5 and the G3. Had the S5 first. I have set both phones up the same way. I use locations services set to high accuracy and use Google Now a lot with voice activation set from any screen, wifi is always on, Bluetooth is always on for my headset when commuting, three email accounts syncing (exchange set to push, pop3 set to fetch hourly and a gmail account). I don't turn features on and off, I leave them set for my normal daily use. My experience has been that the G3 has far better battery life under these conditions for me and in the areas I travel with AT&T with fairly good signal strength at most times. The S5 tends to use 2-3% per hour in standby mode while the G3 uses very little (less than 1% per hour). During normal use I find that I will have about 20-30% more battery left at the end of my day with the G3 than with the S5. I don't really game with my phones except the occasional time waster when I have some down time. I use my phones mostly for communications (calls, text messaging and email) with some internet use, calendar and reminder scheduling, notes and a little picture taking.
    Good comparisons!

While I don't have a S5, I do have both a G2 and G3. The G2 obviously has better battery life. The G2 and G3 both use a 3000mah battery, with the much larger HD screen on the G3 it's a given that the G2 has a better battery life. Not to say the G3 doesn't have solid performance. The best thing about the G3 is the standby time, while it does suck away at the battery while being used (especially with high brightness settings), the standby time is just incredible. I have take my phone off the charger at 6:00am and by 1:00pm with very little use I'm often still sitting at 100%. I can't stress enough how good the standby time is on the G3, it's borderline ridiculous.
    Leoschut01 likes this.
    09-06-2014 05:29 PM
    Had both better than s5 worse than g2

Posted via Android Central App
    09-06-2014 05:34 PM
    How do you get 6 hours? I barely get 2 and a half or 3 sometimes.

09-06-2014 06:10 PM
    Better than S5. Ymmv

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-06-2014 06:10 PM

I have no idea tbh I just do lol haven't done anything specific other than hibernate apps I never use...

I don't always get 6hrs, my average is between 4 1/2 to 5hrs screen on.

09-06-2014 06:18 PM
    This is mine now.

Attached Thumbnails What is the battery life like on the LG G3I-10756.jpg   What is the battery life like on the LG G3I-10754.jpg  
    09-06-2014 06:21 PM

6 sot i not that strange. I used tot get daily! Sometimes still had 20-30% juice left.

Posted by my G3 or my 1+
    09-06-2014 06:25 PM
    I love when people ask battery questions. It varies so much for each person due to use, signal etc.

I will answer this way. My moto x would get 4.5 or so hours of screen time. I'm getting around 4 with my g3.

Standby time is crazy as others have said. Some nights my moto x would drop 20% or so. The g3 goes down a few.
    09-07-2014 10:30 PM
    I remember Pandora eating up battery on my Z10, but I had it playing for 40 minutes today on mobile data, and it only used 6% of battery life. Sounds pretty good to me.

T-Mobile G3
    09-07-2014 11:43 PM
    I've had the G3 for a month. I came from a lesser display, Blackberry Z30. I thought If I was gonna make the painful (well, painful-ish) tear from my beloved BB, I may as well go for the best display I could get.

So far, I love it, but my use is quite often display heavy (I often watch a film or similar on the way to work for an hour or so, and then gaming on the way back - Songpop or some other drivel...), as well as quite heavy use other wise - maybe 50/60 e-mails, Twitter, FB, a few calls and texts mixed in, sometime some GPS. It's true to repeat what is said above - the standby usage verges on zero. I once left my G3 alone for 5 hours, and it went from 97 to 96%. However, bearing in mind my 2 or so hours daily that use the screen, if I'm off charge at 6am, I usually get home at 6.30pm with not much more than 20% left, often less. I'm OK with this - it's over 12hrs with 80% usage, but I do pine for my old Z30 on occasion, which you could muck around on almost endlessly as above and go to bed with 40% battery easily. Similarly, if I use GPS mapping on the road, I have to have the G3 charging, and even then I may only get 1%ph extra as it really eats power. I used it for a 3hr journey last week, unplugged, and went from 65% to 15%.

At then end of the day, the G3 has a great battery life if your lot is anything but screen intensive. If not, carry a spare.
    idon12no likes this.
    09-09-2014 10:52 AM
    Got my G3 last week Monday. Must say that first week with phone I felt like made the wrong choice because battery drained so fast. However I've noticed much better battery life since saterday. Its true standby time is ridiculous on the G3. I get at least 5hours 30 minutes of screen on time and that's ok for me. I can play my games do my web browsing and texting, everything that makes using a smart phone enjoyable and don't have to worry about battery life. If you got the time to use your phone continually for 5-6 hours then maybe you should get a job or something.

09-09-2014 12:03 PM
    I was enjoying reading this post until...

If you got the time to use your phone continually for 5-6 hours then maybe you should get a job or something.
    I thought I'd left these kind behind on Crackberry.

09-09-2014 12:39 PM
    I think it sucks! I don't want to turn my screen down so low I can't see it! But I do like the phone I'm trying to figure out an xtra battery or charger or something
    09-09-2014 12:43 PM
    I'm quite pleased... I'm getting a couple of more hours of use compared with my nexus 5.... Gets me a full day (7am to 1am) on a charge if needed.

No complaints.
    09-09-2014 09:35 PM
    I think it sucks! I don't want to turn my screen down so low I can't see it! But I do like the phone I'm trying to figure out an xtra battery or charger or something
    I have the screen on 0%, but on auto, and it works perfectly. I never can't see the screen in any conditions. But a Quad HD screen is always gonna chew the battery. I have 2 spares. I'd still rather have a slightly inferior battery performance with the option of extra juice than a fixed battery without. Battery packs are fine, but I find spare batteries are much easier to carry, and there's no need for wires.
    09-10-2014 09:10 AM