Just traded in a Samsung S5 for a LG G3

StevenJ_AK

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I had my GS5 for about 3 months before changing to my G3. I honestly think both phones are so awesome. They both have their positives and negatives. I love the camera focusing system and OIS on the G3 but liked the sharpness of the S5 more. The minimalistic camera skin is great on the G3 but I wouldn't mind having a little more control of ISO. Screen wise I did enjoy the saturated almost non realistic colors on my s5 but the G3 2k is amazing, Hands down. Touchwiz wasn't all bad but the G3 is minimal and I like that a lot. I do wish there was an easy way to force stop apps easier other then going into settings. The S5 had this and I loved it. Especially for killing off apps that don't want to die like soundcloud and Sirius xm. One things for sure. Without any case on this G3 feels about 100 times better in the hand. That curved back makes all the difference.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
The curved back feels much better than the S5, that's for sure. But some people like saturated SAMOLED screens. Both good phones, though.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The curved back feels much better than the S5, that's for sure. But some people like saturated SAMOLED screens. Both good phones, though.

I wonder if Samsung is using the same panel tech for both phones and TVs?! My brother just bought a Samsung 65" UHD TV (UN65HU8550FXZA) recently at BB. I went to BB with him to pick up an optical cable the other day and checked out the new LG UHD 65" (65UB9500) which has the same tech (IPS) our G3 has and I honestly think the Sammy display looked better. The LG display is nice at 240hz but the Samsung at 120hz looks spectacular! I might go back and take more looks and see if the LG is worth getting for myself since its less expensive then the Sammy panel. Sorry for going off topic there, lol! :D

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if Samsung is using the same panel tech for both phones and TVs?! My brother just bought a Samsung 65" UHD TV (UN65HU8550FXZA) recently at BB. I went to BB with him to pick up an optical cable the other day and checked out the new LG UHD 65" (65UB9500) which has the same tech (IPS) our G3 has and I honestly think the Sammy display looked better. The LG display is nice at 240hz but the Samsung at 120hz looks spectacular! I might go back and take more looks and see if the LG is worth getting for myself since its less expensive then the Sammy panel. Sorry for going off topic there, lol! :D

Yeah, it really is personal preference. I came from a Moto RAZR Maxx with Super AMOLED display and noticed the difference immediately. But to me the difference wasn't "OMG washed out dim screen!" like many on here. It was more like a refreshing, professional "real" looking screen. Not sure how to describe that, but personal preference is always difficult to get across.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Root and disable all the bloat.
You have made the correct decision.

I would have too disagree with rooting. Mine had a serious delay after rooting. I had to uninstall xposed and tweaksbox too get it to go away. I think it is still there some.

Posted via the Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Rooting isn't the same as installing root apps. Rooting lets you remove bloatware (among other things). It lets you install exposed and other root apps, but doesn't force you to.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Have I made the right decision?

Laughing just a little about this question in this forum. Of course the people in the G3 forum are going to tell you it was the right decision? Ask in the 5 forum you might get a different answer.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine phone. So is the S5. Each has certain pluses and minuses. But the question is kind of like going to a Ford dealer and asking if you should trade in your Camaro on a Mustang. Or going to a Chevy dealer and asking the opposite.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Life is all about acceptance and a feeling of "belonging".....
In most cases when asking an opinion people are looking for support or allies; human nature.

Laughing just a little about this question in this forum. Of course the people in the G3 forum are going to tell you it was the right decision? Ask in the 5 forum you might get a different answer.

Don't get me wrong, it's a fine phone. So is the S5. Each has certain pluses and minuses. But the question is kind of like going to a Ford dealer and asking if you should trade in your Camaro on a Mustang. Or going to a Chevy dealer and asking the opposite.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Life is all about acceptance and a feeling of "belonging".....
In most cases when asking an opinion people are looking for support or allies; human nature.

And welcome Dr BBseatle anyone in need of psychological assessment?

Pm above ^^^^^^seriously fill the inbox lol

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
LOL....
I hope he doesn't take it wrong; it's simply a common trait among us imperfect humans.
Have a great day D!

And welcome Dr BBseatle anyone in need of psychological assessment?

Pm above ^^^^^^seriously fill the inbox lol