Twitter issues - Fails to update

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Any one having issues with the twitter app? Been searching on Internet and not seeing a general android twitter app issue so I'm thinking it may be specific to my g3.

App was working fine until about a week ago. Then I noticed a simple pull down to refresh tweets would not update the most recent ones. It would still automatically pull recent tweets ever hour or two. So I'd have the most recent tweet from an hour ago sitting there even after repeated refresh. Even though checking twitter on a browser shows multiple tweets since then.

Some sources suggested clearing app data which worked for a time but quickly stopped working. I deleted all updates of the app itself taking it back to original issue - u can't actually delete and reinstall the app.

This worked but once twitter updates the app itself it happens again.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Any one having issues with the twitter app? Been searching on Internet and not seeing a general android twitter app issue so I'm thinking it may be specific to my g3.

App was working fine until about a week ago. Then I noticed a simple pull down to refresh tweets would not update the most recent ones. It would still automatically pull recent tweets ever hour or two. So I'd have the most recent tweet from an hour ago sitting there even after repeated refresh. Even though checking twitter on a browser shows multiple tweets since then.

Some sources suggested clearing app data which worked for a time but quickly stopped working. I deleted all updates of the app itself taking it back to original issue - u can't actually delete and reinstall the app.

This worked but once twitter updates the app itself it happens again.
Did the app come preinstalled on the G3? If so, that would explain why it can't be deleted. Doesn't the G3 have an app or service to clear memory or unused apps from the device? If so, try that to remove Twitter.

If it works, redownload and set it back up - hopefully that fixes the problem.

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
It's a pre-installed app and I don't think it can be removed to be reinstalled.

Glad to see others have seen this problem and I'm not crazy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma