Lg G3 no turning back now...

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm beginning to think LG is not so great...
My first android was the LG NITRO (P930) rooted, it was cool until I got around 400 apps installed.
I had the highest sd card it could take on it and extended battery.
But it would always have an issues with shutdowns.
This phone had DUAL 1.5ghz and 1gb ram.

Long story short I bought the G3 because I knew the LG software and could recover the phone easily.

I should have known, so the G3 I have has a QUAD 2.5ghz and 3gb ram.
You would think that's plenty to continue with my android addiction.
I got a 128gb class 10 sd card for it and about to buy an extended battery for it soon.
Now the G3's battery time on first charge was amazing it lasted 3-4 days, although I did not do much on it.
I did however disable all I did not want to use and deleted what I could since I waited the 14 days to root it.
I didn't notice anything wrong with phone and was ready to root it a week into owning it.

No turning back now....so once I hit the 14th day I downloaded towel root and everything was cool.
Deleted everything I did not want and removed CIQ, and tried all tips and tricks.
I have 203 apps installed on it so far.
Funny thing is it seems my LG NITRO can run things better than my G3.
How can this be, after trying all tips and tricks the G3 seems to do a little worse than my old phone.
My G3 has never given me a overheat warning but has shut down and restarted plenty of times.
I have not had to remove the battery yet and would suck because the case I have is hard to open.
I noticed the G3 lag right away and did all measures to reduce the lag it helped.
But still rebooted and got hot.
This should not happen with the b.s. contract I renewed and still $200 I paid for the phone.
Please don't tell me to factory reset or anything like that because it will just do the same thing.
I know LG well enough now that I know its not so great, I used my LG NITRO for about 4 years.

I'm just pissed that I invested again into LG and its the same story but much worse.

I will obviously continue to use this phone but hate to have to re-do everything to get it right if an update fixes things.

This thing gets too hot too quick and shuts down all the time.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lg g3 no turning back now...

It may be a combination of everything.
Rooting, disabling, deleting and the REALLY big SD card look to be conspiring to harsh your buzz.
My suggestion would be to return it to as close to stock as you can and then do each mod one by one and monitor it after each to see what is what.
Just my $.02

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I've done the same or more to my phone and have had none of the issues you state. Maybe you have a bad one or a bad app it must be one of the other

Posted via Android Central App

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I posted this on my pc but right after I posted it I had to remove the battery for the first time.
That is something I don't want to do just yet unless I brick my phone somehow.
Thanks for the input though.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Yea its just funny how it works perfect with little to no lag before the 14 day exchange period.
After that a simple root and safe debloat should make it better not worse.
I will test it without the sd card and see if it is that.
That shouldn't happen either though because this phone should have plenty of power to run it.
Not to mention it is future proof and ready for 2T cards.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Regarding the SD card, we had some posts recently from a member whose card WAS the cause of his problems....not necessarily because he was using a card, but because it was a duff one. Two or three weeks ago I think. Removal fixed the problems, which if I recall right were overheating, battery drain.

Posted via Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your problems, and I hope you can get it figured out. I've actually had the opposite experience with LG. Back in the day I had a LG feature phone that was terrible and the carrier had to replace it twice for me and 3 times for my brother. Since then I have had the Optimus G, Nexus 4, G PRO, G2, Nexus 5, and now the G3. They have all been excellent phones and each version had only gotten better.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Also, you're not using ART are you @androidhabit? I had to pull the battery a couple times when I switched to ART. The software just froze up

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

out of curiosity why would someone need 400+ apps?

What does it matter? having more apps installed won't change performance of the phone if you know what you're doing and keep them from running when you're not using them.

I suspect the SD card as well. Still, there is a chance that the hardware is defective.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site

I'm beginning to think LG is not so great...
My first android was the LG NITRO (P930) rooted, it was cool until I got around 400 apps installed.
I had the highest sd card it could take on it and extended battery.
But it would always have an issues with shutdowns.
This phone had DUAL 1.5ghz and 1gb ram.

Long story short I bought the G3 because I knew the LG software and could recover the phone easily.

I should have known, so the G3 I have has a QUAD 2.5ghz and 3gb ram.
You would think that's plenty to continue with my android addiction.
I got a 128gb class 10 sd card for it and about to buy an extended battery for it soon.
Now the G3's battery time on first charge was amazing it lasted 3-4 days, although I did not do much on it.
I did however disable all I did not want to use and deleted what I could since I waited the 14 days to root it.
I didn't notice anything wrong with phone and was ready to root it a week into owning it.

No turning back now....so once I hit the 14th day I downloaded towel root and everything was cool.
Deleted everything I did not want and removed CIQ, and tried all tips and tricks.
I have 203 apps installed on it so far.
Funny thing is it seems my LG NITRO can run things better than my G3.
How can this be, after trying all tips and tricks the G3 seems to do a little worse than my old phone.
My G3 has never given me a overheat warning but has shut down and restarted plenty of times.
I have not had to remove the battery yet and would suck because the case I have is hard to open.
I noticed the G3 lag right away and did all measures to reduce the lag it helped.
But still rebooted and got hot.
This should not happen with the b.s. contract I renewed and still $200 I paid for the phone.
Please don't tell me to factory reset or anything like that because it will just do the same thing.
I know LG well enough now that I know its not so great, I used my LG NITRO for about 4 years.

I'm just pissed that I invested again into LG and its the same story but much worse.

I will obviously continue to use this phone but hate to have to re-do everything to get it right if an update fixes things.

This thing gets too hot too quick and shuts down all the time.

If it overheats and shuts down, you have a defective phone.
Return to stock and get a replacement.

Mine has never given the overheat warning and I stream, tether and play games, etc...

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

If it overheats and shuts down, you have a defective phone.
Return to stock and get a replacement.

Mine has never given the overheat warning and I stream, tether and play games, etc...

I've used mine for light gaming and watching huge .mkv x264 video on a SMB share and zero overheating. If there was a problem I'd be here complaining! My 2 cents - something is wrong with the hardware. The phone or SD card. Good luck!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I went on a 30 mile bike ride this past weekend and used my Runtastic Mountain bike app. AWESOME app btw!! Well, when I came home, I was playing with the app and saw a google earth logo on top of the app. I pressed it and it asked me to install google earth in order to take advantage of the feature. I did and it basically shows you your whole route in 3d google earth style....freakin DOPE!! I also noticed my phone got really warm for the first time. I guess when you start taxing the GPU, it will get warm or if you have a problem with the GPU, I can see why people would have a HOT device....especially running a QHD screen!

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

They just add up, I collect pretty much all the apps that were removed/banned from the play store and other apps.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I have never got the overheat warning and I really do NOT want to send my phone to LG and wait forever without a phone.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site

They just add up, I collect pretty much all the apps that were removed/banned from the play store and other apps.

Did it occur to you that there may be a reason why they were removed /banned from the playstore not to mention compatibility of older apps

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Well its an addiction really, I try all kinds of apps that do the same thing and delete the ones that don't cut it.
I also find out what apps have been banned and download those, most of the time its because what they can do and not because they are malware/viruses.
There are a lot of apps that do all kinds of things and I find them.
If you cant have that many apps on a sd card then what is the point?
Might as well stick with a phone that has no sd card slot and use the little internal memory.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

I fully understand what the apps are about and what they do before I download them.
The app Evil Operator is one that I was intrigued by and found it.
It lets you prank call two people at the same time and record the conversation.
The two people think one has called the other.
They both see different numbers so they don't know who it is.
Naturally this app was removed due to Caller ID laws and NOT because it was malicious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes