Sept 10 T-Mobile G3 Update

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get this? I was in the middle of doing other things when this update appeared. I haven't done an Android update before, so I don't know where to look for a change log or whatever, and there was no description of what the update would do. If I remember correctly, it was only about 180-some megs.

T-Mobile G3

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
This is for T-Mobile in the US, model D851. I just got the notification that the update had downloaded as well. I'm hesitant to install it because I just barely rooted, although I haven't installed custom recovery or anything yet.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
A Google search brought me to an article from AC by Alex back in July that talked about the European D855 getting a system update. The article (and comments) talked about the display settings being tweaked for better battery life

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
As a UK member I am glad that you've started to get the updates.☺☺☺

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Lol thanks Belodin. So what has been your experience with the update?

I've had three European updates and can't say I've noticed much difference after any of them. I think they've all been fairly minor. If I could do a side-by-side comparison with my G3 as it was when I bought, and as it is now, I might spot differences. But it's good to get the updates and I'm glad that things seem finally to be moving for you over there. Let the 10th September go down in G3 forum history.☺

(Edit: I beg your pardon, America. Mentioning September may have caused a painful reminder of another date in that month, which I did not intend.)

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So decided to take the plunge and install the update. Here is a screen shot of the software build now. I did lose root but I'll probably just run stump root again

Attachments

• 17391.jpg
    17391.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 278

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Like Belodion I haven't noticed much but I'm sure there are stabilities put in place. These were the main focus performance and power saving with a hint of knock off lol

Its a good flavour that Lg have been on the ball & great now that some of you stateside are now included.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier Ceballos

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I received it too. One thing I noticed (Unless I've been oblivious to it this entire time) is a different way to access the camera from the lockscreen by swiping from the icon on the bottom right. Also the addition of the "Emergency call Press and hold button" (Again, unless this has been there the entire time)