G3 user..Who gonna pre-order Iphone 6?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Well. I said I was not but I decided to. After playing with one I ordered the 128 6 plus. Just something different. I love all technology. I frequently switch from ios and android. Its a bit of a wait for me to get it but I still got my g3 in the mean time.

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 6. I really like it so far. Haven't used ios since version 6....a lot of nice improvements. So far I'm leaning towards keeping it and getting rid of the G3 and M8.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Can I drag and drop files in the ip6 and 'ACCESS' them in the device 'WITHOUT' using itunes?!?!? If I can, I will get one!! :) I actually like the look of the device!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The price of that phone is ridiculous. For an iPhone 6 plus 128gb you have to pay a whopping $1030 after tax.

I just paid $550+tax for my G3 32gb version. A 128gb SD card can be had for around $20. So all in all its around $600.

What a HUGE difference.

And that's not even getting into features, and customization, removable battery etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

That's what I hate about Apple, either pay for the Storage or pay for iCloud.

To be fair, the 16GB isn't that much more compared to android's flagships like the S5.

As for the rest, non-removable battery is not a deal breaker to the majority and it's well known what you're getting with iOS.

I did used my last upgrade for the 128GB 6 Plus, still waiting. It cost me $300 after HUP credit and I know I can easily sell it for at least $800 when I done with it after a month or two.

tapatalk LG pro D852

Will6371

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Consumer Reports seems to think Bendgate is not an issue. It wouldn't be for me either since I would never consider putting a cell phone in my rear pocket.
Consumer Reports weighs in on iPhone 6 bending

I thought it was people putting it in their front pockets was the problem. After selling the ones I got I was curious about the screen so I went into a Carphone Warehouse today to have a proper look and I brought my G3 and Nokia 1520 to compare and I downloaded some iphone wallpapers to compare the screens.

The screen was better on both of my phones when compared to the 6+ and I was also surprised at the build quality of the iPhone, I thought it would have been better. It does feel nice in the hand though.

The size of the 6+ is way too big but the 6 is the one I would get if I was to get one but I'm not going to. Compared to the Nokia 1520 the iPhone also felt slow to open apps but quicker than my G3

Overall I think they would have been better having just one 5" screen.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Not interested in iOS its so dull and boring...there is more fun to be had painting a house with a toothbrush lol

Posted via Android Central App

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
What would be your argument for disagreeing? Just curious. Can you share with us your reasons for preferring the iPhone to your G3?

Steve

First, I've been a android guy for two years. I love the OS. I'm disappointed in the manufacturers. I'm tired of paying 600+ for a phone that has an Achilles heel. Performance, camera, battery...always something. Came from a s5, m8, G3.

I'm now convinced specs mean nothing. The iPhone screen looks great. It's super fast and fluid. The apps I use frequently use look better on iOS. iMessage is so much nicer than hangouts. It's not a toy to be customized. But day to day use it just works better. Just IMO.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Both OS are good and appeal to different people. If you like to tinker and customize = android. If you like something refined/polished and works great out of the box = IOS..

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So it happened. I held the iPhone 6 in my hand and felt great. I'm familiar with ios 8 as it's on my iPad. Just so over this lag the g3 has. Not as bad as the galaxy's but not as fluid as my g2 was. The ir blaster will be missed so much. I'm thinking of ordering it. When bought online u can return it without paying a restocking fee (Tmobile). Its a huge decision! Wish Android L would roll out quicker. Blah

SwaggerJacker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
First, I've been a android guy for two years. I love the OS. I'm disappointed in the manufacturers. I'm tired of paying 600+ for a phone that has an Achilles heel. Performance, camera, battery...always something. Came from a s5, m8, G3.

I'm now convinced specs mean nothing. The iPhone screen looks great. It's super fast and fluid. The apps I use frequently use look better on iOS. iMessage is so much nicer than hangouts. It's not a toy to be customized. But day to day use it just works better. Just IMO.

Yeah, sounds like it's the phone for you. All very good reasons. My Fiance likes IOS better than android as well. I actually use my iPad more than my Android tablet.

Thanks very much for sharing.

Steve

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

This is my experience with Android, too. I LOVE Android, but it's the manufacturers that leave me missing something. Every single phone definitely has some Achilles heel. I've been saying that for quite a long time. IOS isn't nearly as fun and doesn't have 1/10th the options that Android has. But every seemingly small spec bump in an iPhone produces a great experience. I understand why Android enthusiasts don't like it. But I understand why people who want a no fuss good quality smartphone experience, with good battery life, good screen, and great camera would go with the iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. I'm still thinking about it. Just want to see a Moto X and Note 4 in person first.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Apple also has issues with their iOS as well. Both platforms do. IOS has suffered some of their users to an software update that have destroyed Wi-Fi, that it it no longer selectable and phone has to be replaced. Software updates that toast the iOS on the phone, and the user possibly losing everything if they don't have iCloud or iTunes backup as the phone is in Recovery Mode and can only be Factory Restored, wiping the phone. Apple does not have the largest user base for iPhone. As they tweek along increasing some percentage points, they are bound to have increased issues. Even within days of iPhone 6/iOS8 launch, they have patch 8.01, which they had to retract due to users getting random problems such as inability to make calls, phone toasted and can only be wiped/restored. I saw someone's 5c get thousands of calls duplicated in their call logs; and stopped getting new notifications. Factory Restore. If you did update, Apple's response was to wipe/Factory Restore, and reload backups (which you hope they did...a lot of users do not understand the concept). I like the highly customizable Android platform. Apple can't match that.

Posted via the Android Central App

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
OMG...I'm thinking about Craig's listing my G3 and getting an iPhone 6 Plus when they restock. I just can't get over how much brighter the screen is with more contrast, yet not over saturated with color. Somebody just smack me.

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Both OS are good and appeal to different people. If you like to tinker and customize = android. If you like something refined/polished and works great out of the box = IOS..

I disagree with that. Android too has been refined and polished too.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I disagree with that. Android too has been refined and polished too.

It's debatable. There are something like 70% of Iphones running the latest version of IOS. Not so much on android because of all the different OEM skins. Maybe a better word than refined or polished would be standardized and timely software updates. Then again by definition something that is standardized is normally more refined and polished..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek