G3 camera question?

baul0010

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
How good is the camera on the lg g3? My wife is complaining about the horrible camera on her Galaxy S4. She previously had a moto razr which also took poor quality photos. I was hoping with the OIS and "laser beams" that the g3 will take good photos.

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It takes great photos. The GS4 wasn't bad in good lighting, but at night it was fairly bad. The G3 definitely takes way better low light shots :D

krijmo

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ohhhhh yeah it takes good pics! Beautiful, colorful, crisp and detailed! The auto laser focus is superb! I am a huge pic taker, and I have not once been disappointed.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Pictures are one thing it does nice but if you want to see what video recording looks like in 4K.
Check out my first time using the G3 at Magic Mountain riding Colossus for the last time.
Keep in mind that that ride goes 62 miles an hour so you can see how good the detail is.
Not bad in my opinion but I think I will do the camera mod and make it even better.

Note the picture of the Colossus sign is NOT from the G3!
Also the video was upload in 4K and showed it in 4K.
However for some reason the video was sideways and I edited it in YT.
After that is shows the video in 1080P for some reason.
The video WAS shot in 4K though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPNPMof_498

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Pictures are one thing it does nice but if you want to see what video recording looks like in 4K.
Check out my first time using the G3 at Magic Mountain riding Colossus for the last time.
Keep in mind that that ride goes 62 miles an hour so you can see how good the detail is.
Not bad in my opinion but I think I will do the camera mod and make it even better.

Oh, man. I don't think I'd be brave enough to risk dropping my phone on a rollercoaster. Wish I would have gotten to ride Colossus again too 😞

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yea I know man I was seriously debating it.
But then I said screw it, this ride will never be recorded again so I did it.
Both hands on it and up in the air the entire ride.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Yea I know man I was seriously debating it.
But then I said screw it, this ride will never be recorded again so I did it.
Both hands on it and up in the air the entire ride.

Thank you Android very enjoyable. By the way, you MAY be required to change your username to HabitForAndroid soon:

http://www.tuicool.com/articles/AFRNVb

Posted via Android Central App....or rather, Central For Android App.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that is total B.S. and you would think google has all the money they need.
They want to get more money by threats.
What a shame google, instead of appreciating people who honor their system they think we are taking it away.

I highly doubt google would or is losing anything by having other sites have the word android in them.

If anything it makes the android platform for popular.

As I always say SCREW google!!!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How good is the camera on the lg g3? My wife is complaining about the horrible camera on her Galaxy S4. She previously had a moto razr which also took poor quality photos. I was hoping with the OIS and "laser beams" that the g3 will take good photos.

OK... this pic should illustrate both the value of OIS as well as the laser autofocus. I had to reach down and take the pic one handed (the web was between two cars and hard to get to). I reached down, tapped the spider and this is the shot I got. Pretty much stock everything (Auto-HDR on, 13MP).... None of the special effects, like magic focus/blur.... just a straight up quick pic that I don't think would have come out nearly as nice without the OIS to keep things steady and the laser focus to get that tiny spider into focus.

spider.jpg

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yup 8/16/2014

They gave away buttons/pins after you rode it.
They were also giving away pieces that they say were part of the roller coaster.
You had to answer trivia questions to win.
Got there as early as possible and was told it would be a 3 hour wait.
To my surprise it moved pretty quick and about 1 and a half hours.
I actually lost the button/pin on the very next ride I got on, which was SCREAM.
After the ride going down the stairs, I noticed one was on the ground but it was a gated area.
Went and got it anyway, I believe it was mine because it was dented.

baul0010

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
That is awesome. Just what my wife wants for pics of the kids. You have about a half second to get a good picture then all heck breaks loose.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
It does take pretty amazing pics, just make sure you turn on auto HDR and by default the camera is set to 10mp so you have to change it to 13... Atleast on the att version

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That is awesome. Just what my wife wants for pics of the kids. You have about a half second to get a good picture then all heck breaks loose.

Yeah..after seeing my wife struggle with her nexus 5's focus from time to time, I'd have a hard time giving up the laser focus. Plus, the burst mode is nice, just hold down the shutter and let it fly.

Great camera.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Also the video was upload in 4K and showed it in 4K.
However for some reason the video was sideways and I edited it in YT.
After that is shows the video in 1080P for some reason.
The video WAS shot in 4K though.

What camera mod is there for the G3?

baul0010

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
How is the camera in lower light or indoor shots? I guess our S4 takes good photos outdoors but it's horrendous in every other situation.

baul0010

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
OK... this pic should illustrate both the value of OIS as well as the laser autofocus. I had to reach down and take the pic one handed (the web was between two cars and hard to get to). I reached down, tapped the spider and this is the shot I got. Pretty much stock everything (Auto-HDR on, 13MP).... None of the special effects, like magic focus/blur.... just a straight up quick pic that I don't think would have come out nearly as nice without the OIS to keep things steady and the laser focus to get that tiny spider into focus.

View attachment 136266

That is awesome even tho I hate spiders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34