Need help with 4G

jojopadz

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys I recently found a problem I dont know if its only me but let me explain.
Youtube is perfectly working with wifi connection so does google maps and everything else. But when im on my 4g both apps doesnt seem to function. I cant play youtube video nor can i search up routes on google map. My data plan is 1.5 gig per month and 4g compatible.
Do i need to turn something on or off in the settings?
Thanks in advanced

Posted via the Android Central App

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Download Speedtest by Ookla to see what bandwidth you have. Along with weaker signals, are you in a metal or concrete block structure which impacts the quality of service.

jojopadz

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-09-13-16-25-27.jpg i have Hi network and this seems fine. And i use it outside so no concrete blocking the signal.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Try force closing the YouTube and Maps apps and trying again. You can also reboot the phone.

Given that you are on a fixed data plan, do you have controls in place which limit data when you get too close to your plan limit?

jojopadz

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I did what you said and still nothing seems to work. So i think i found the problem but not the solution. My google account isnt syncing.. I dont get this xD

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Google account not syncing is a known issue I've seen on my G3. I installed autosync2 to turn off Google Sync except when I am plugged in and on WiFi. Turn off Google Sync and use it manually or try that app out. I have it on all my Android phones and really works well. My battery would drain when Google Sync tries to sync in a poor cell coverage area.

jojopadz

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I think i have found problem. The snapDragon battery guru was causing this to save some battery life haha i feel so stupid.. XD

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I recently found a problem I dont know if its only me but let me explain.
Youtube is perfectly working with wifi connection so does google maps and everything else. But when im on my 4g both apps doesnt seem to function. I cant play youtube video nor can i search up routes on google map. My data plan is 1.5 gig per month and 4g compatible.
Do i need to turn something on or off in the settings?
Thanks in advanced

Possibly 1.5 gb of data per month is LTE connection and is what your allowed to use on your device. Once you've used your total allotments. Your service provider will throttle you back to 3g or 2g. I know T-Mobile does that with their low tier data plan. Unlimited data with 1gb of LTE, then it'll throttle you back to 2g unlimited data once the 1gb LTE has been used for the monthly cycle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro