LG G3: Anyone having problems with Quiet Mode?

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
One thing I really like about this phone is that the 'quiet mode' looks a lot more robust than the DND mode on either Android L or the Moto X. But I've heard a couple of reports that if you whitelist a number, it will only vibrate when you get a call from that number when quiet mode is on and won't ring the phone.

Can anyone confirm if this is the case and/or any other issues with this mode? If so, it would be a deal-breaker for me. As I work shift work, this is one of my 'must have' features.

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Question for G3 owners (quiet mode)

Yeah, I know there's like 500 of those DND apps, but I haven't had much luck with the ones I've tried. Force closing, being terminated by the OS, just glitching up and not allowing any calls through, etc. When I'm missing important work-related calls, this is not acceptable. That's why I wanted it built into the OS.

Anyway, that sucks about only silent or vibrate being options :( As the Angry Video Game Nerd might say, 'WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?!?'

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G3: Quiet Mode

Probably the ONLY thing I've missed since switching from Blackberry is that it seems impossible to use quiet mode to set the phone to just have the phone ring tone on overnight, with nothing else on at all... It was simply called 'phone calls only' on the Z30. It was handy in case there was an urgent call in the night, but no buzzes, led's or otherwise. I'm surprises Android, or LG, at least, hasn't incorporated something like this.

Posted via the Android Central App

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site

Does this mean if I have quiet mode on but do not have "block incoming calls" that my phone won't ring? I want everything off except receiving calls in case of emergency for my job.

Last edited:

simony

May 3, 2013
Visit site

Yes I turn on quiet mode at night all the time... when you have call, it doesn't vibrate or ring if you set do not block incoming calls.. just screen on.. pretty useless to me... I installed Silent Ringer instead to create my own whitelist so i can get the ring throughout day and night

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site

So what does a person do who needs to be able to get calls at night from anyone (so can't create a white list), but wants LED and other notifications off?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site

So what does a person do who needs to be able to get calls at night from anyone (so can't create a white list), but wants LED and other notifications off?

The only way I can see you can do this with the stock options are to use the Sound profile, but manually turn led and notifications off, but leave the ringer on.

Posted via the Android Central App

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site

Tasker is too difficult for the little amount of time I want to put into it. But your suggestion reminded me of a program I had on my Galaxy S3 that worked like I thought "Quiet Mode" did (except I could never get the LED light to shut off at night). I install it on my G3 and see if that gives me what I want. The program is Timeriffic.

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I use Do Not Disturb to get around the shortcomings/issues with the G3 Quiet Mode. It serves my purposes well.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Why can't Google pull their heads out of their butts and make notification sounds separate from ringer volume?! Timeriffic is not working for me because in order to have the ringer on at night you can't separately mute the notification sound. How stupid is that? Is there a way around this so I can get calls at night but not hear notification sounds or have the led notifications?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781