If you dont have overheating issues please read!!!

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Am using a 2GB that i found down the back of the sofa when i moved into my house (i dont believe in buying memory when most cloud services give up to 15GB for free).

No overheating problems apart from when i powered on for the first time (was a hot day).

I choose sd cards over cloud any day, in fact I have never used any could services.
I will always buy a phone with sd card over a phone without it.

The truth is they are going to stop making phones with sd card access.
They want all your information on the phone and unable to remove it by using an sd card.
This in combination with a non removable battery will secure their chance in getting all your information.

I will never buy a phone that can't have the battery removed.

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
"I transferred my contents to the sd card from the computer to the card itself.
Not to the phone with the card inside.

I also believe that the problem is with the phones hardware and not the sd card."

Agreed; the problem seems to be with the phones hardware. I am converting DVDs to movie files now using MakeMKV which makes .mkv files. I then convert the .mkv files using Wondershare video converter Pro. The only conversion file format that seems to work with the G3 is .WMV file format. The movies are then visible to click on and playable. I put the movies onto the SD card without it being in the phone. At least now I have a working solution for putting movies on my phone.

George H Martin

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I choose sd cards over cloud any day, in fact I have never used any could services.
I will always buy a phone with sd card over a phone without it.

The truth is they are going to stop making phones with sd card access.
They want all your information on the phone and unable to remove it by using an sd card.
This in combination with a non removable battery will secure their chance in getting all your information.

I will never buy a phone that can't have the battery removed.

Who's 'they'?

You referr to 'they' 3 times without saying who 'they' are

Last edited:

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
"I transferred my contents to the sd card from the computer to the card itself.
Not to the phone with the card inside.

I also believe that the problem is with the phones hardware and not the sd card."

Agreed; the problem seems to be with the phones hardware. I am converting DVDs to movie files now using MakeMKV which makes .mkv files. I then convert the .mkv files using Wondershare video converter Pro. The only conversion file format that seems to work with the G3 is .WMV file format. The movies are then visible to click on and playable. I put the movies onto the SD card without it being in the phone. At least now I have a working solution for putting movies on my phone.

Good to hear there is a solution to that.

Xonemaster50

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
32GB class 10
several things I noticed that caused heat.
First off let me say that at home, with 4GLTE and wifi I am unable to cause the unit to change temp to any degree I can detect with my hands.
Now once I enter a building with NO 4GLTE no 3G and no wifi the phone goes nuts looking for a connection and the heat generated within 5-10 minutes is significant but not enough to cause shutdown. The battery drain seems higher as well and would be expected with the heat generated. However I turned off wifi and Sprint Connection Optimizer and the phone cooled right down. once I left the building and had at least 1 bar i put everything back to the settings I started with and all was well the rest of the day. LG G3 ownership 2 weeks. AND I LOVE IT (came from iPhone 5, nothing wrong with iphone) but now that I am on Android I will never go back to iOS

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
The only conversion file format that seems to work with the G3 is .WMV file format. The movies are then visible to click on and playable. I put the movies onto the SD card without it being in the phone.

I always convert my movies to 2-3 GB files with h.264 vbr video streams and 128 MB/s cbr 2 channel aac audio in an MP4 container and they play just fine on my G3. I even transfer them to my SD card while the SD card is in the phone. WMV is definitely not the only format compatible with the G3.

Posted via Android Central App

Floppyhamwar

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys just wanted to comment here! I have a g3 with 16gb and it had this issue have a 32gb sd and 4g , the one thing I noticed drastically improved this was changing to ART and Force Gpu rendering

Posted From my LG G3

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
LMAO @ the freezer. Wouldn't that mean the phone is a lemon if you had to do that?
No app can fix these overheat problems, its the hardware not software.

Any smart solution is still defected that heating issues was just starting to pissed!

Wishes smartphone device could build the world first fan-mounted to handle the damn tempered heating issues. That would solved the problems? The more like it, it doubted

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Any smart solution is still defected that heating issues was just starting to pissed!

Wishes smartphone device could build the world first fan-mounted to handle the damn tempered heating issues. That would solved the problems? The more like it, it doubted

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

What?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12