im thinking of trading my 3 month old g3 for a z2. is it a good idea?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-21-2014 05:50 AM
    As a current G3 & Z2 owner here my first question is what is making you think about switching?

The Z2 is fantastic all round as is the G3 so its hard to separate the two. The build in terms of solid construction goes to the Z2, but the design and form is in the hands of the G3. Tbh both are really good in this department.

The Camera on the Z2 is great and has a nicely designed Ui. G3 has a basic Camera Ui but that's what Lg were aiming for a quick point and shoot and it works and well. Both take really good pictures but I would give the Z2 a slight edge (Not by much though).

Performance well the Z2 has 1gb more ram to my 2/16gb G3. This though tbh hasn't caused any issues. The Z2 is faster on paper , in my experience and use I haven't noticed a huge downfall with 2gb ram. Both run very smooth.

Ui well I like both but would say that the Z2's is probably lighter and thus again provides better smoothness & flow but again as in the performance part I haven't noticed anything between the two & both are nicely designed.

Battery well with having 200mah more than the G3 the Z2 will get you that bit more distance. However the G3's is removable if you are keen to retain this then the Z2 is off.

I can't recommend one over the other all I can say is read through reviews & possibly go into a store and see the Z2 in person.

Both are really really good and have pro's & cons.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2014 06:15 AM

No. Not a good idea. The G3 is the newest version whereas the Z2 isn't as new anymore. The Z3 is coming out. The specs on both are pretty close but in my opinion I would stick with the G3. There really is no point in changing phone after 3 months.
    09-21-2014 07:59 AM
    yes, i've read reviews about the two. the reason for that idea is mainly due to battery life. i mean i've seen and read reviews telling that the battery life of z2 is better than the g3.

09-21-2014 08:31 AM
    From my own experience the z2 has much better battery life than the g3. My g3 gets me through a day but my z2 has more left at the end of that same day. Neither is bad though for my own uses. I prefer the z2 in every way except the fact that it's a bit of a heavy phone (small hands and wrists). I think It's a fair trade even if it is older. The z2 sells for more right now used than the g3 does despite it being older. Good luck with your choice
    09-21-2014 09:22 AM
    Why not Z3? you're comparing this years LG or last years Sony? Is the Z3 not out yet?

09-21-2014 09:59 AM
    The guy I work with has the z2. He loves it, but I prefer my g3. The battery life on the Sony phone does seem to be better, but the g3 has a a quad 5.5" screen, so that's obvious. I've played around with both, and it's personal preference. My main reason is that The g3 has almost no bezel, and I like that in phones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2014 05:48 PM
    The Z3 is just a repackaged Z2. The internal hardware is the same
    09-21-2014 06:47 PM
    I guess true but the frame has been recontoured I heard helping in feel and being a Z3 it will be supported at least a little longer than Z2 getting L and probably M in the future.

The Z3 is just a repackaged Z2. The internal hardware is the same
    09-21-2014 07:09 PM
    Dosesnt the z2 work or sync directly with a ps3 I've only heard what people told me no reliable sources
    09-22-2014 01:04 PM
    yeah, z3 would be nice. but is it worth it?

10-05-2014 02:13 PM
    Battery life is better, but only marginally so. Also, it's not replaceable !
    10-05-2014 09:52 PM
    I had the Z2, I love the Build & Design, love that it's IP57 but the Display was pale even a few of my boys noticed it. The UI was also disappoting, didn't really offer anything.

So unless you want a Waterproof phone, IMO it's not worth trading.

tapatalk LG pro D852
    10-05-2014 11:10 PM
    thanks man. i guess i'll stick with my G3.

10-06-2014 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD