Current Note 3 user looking to switch

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I am looking at switching from the Note 3 to the G3. I saw the G3 and really liked the UI and how it felt. The only thing I will miss would be the stylus. How many of you switched from the Note 3? I know that the Note 4 is coming out real soon but, I am second guessing whether I would want to upgrade to the Note 4 and use the G3 instead.

Thanks

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I have not used any of the Notes but I think the G3 is still the best device out there.
It is the perfect size. Not too big, not too small.
No problems at all with mine.
All I can say is, "Go ahead. All the cool kids are doing it." :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint Tri-Band LG G3.

jtblazer

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Thinking of doing the same. Anyone switch and if so how is the battery compared to the note 3. My note 3 battery life has been great and want to make sure that the g3 is too.

anon(9100026)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I used Note 3 for 5/6 months and sold in an anticipation to get a hold of Note 4. But I decided to buy G3. And I am quite happy with my 2 week old phone. I used Samsung phones for 4 long years. They are great. The Note 3 in particular was the best of them all, had magnificent battery discharge behavior. But I prefer G3 over it because:
G3 got superb camera
more perfect audio quality
Cooler UI than Touchwiz
2k display is dope at least for me
fantastic battery standby behavior
Smartest ergonomics
Videos encoded with AC3 and DTS can play very smoothly.
I love my G3

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I have nothing but great things to say about the G3. Awesome phone. That said I'm still probably going to upgrade to a note 4 in the next couple months. That phone is just beastly.

Posted via Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I won't dismiss Samsung as I have had the S3, S4, Mega, Note 2 & Note 3....

The latter as the topic goes was and still is a great product and I liked a lot about it...

The Battery life

The Performance

The Camera

The Style

But then came along the G3 and now this has Style and fitting this screen into this form is fantastic. The rear button placement was something I was unsure of, but I like it a lot & it makes sense.

Lg improved the Ui on the G3 and in terms of design and functionality its a step or perhaps more above Touchwiz.

As much as Samsung have given me joy in the above the G3 has shown that there is more to Smart phones than throwing the kitchen sink in.

But Note line is Fantastic and I do like the Note 4 and I'm tempted but its more out of curiosity and perhaps addiction than ever wanting to part with the G3 (which I wouldn't lol).

I have my G3 rooted and have a ROM/Mod and its set up just to my liking....and there is nothing I don't like other than a very annoying fault in that the jack skips tracks upon touch and throws up voicemate. I can just about live with it...

I never whilst owning a Samsung device got the Touchwiz is horrible and slow...until I swayed away with the Nexus 5...

The design is horrible and it definitely holds back an otherwise great product.

Samsung have addressed this a little but still a bit stubborn right lol

This like I did with my Note 3 can be rectified with Root and Rom's which I would end up doing with the Note 4.

Right now I'm enjoying the G3 and so much so that at the end of writing this will maybe lol pass on the Note 4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So Note 3 to the G3 as I mentioned I liked both but I believe like I did you'll enjoy what the G3 has to offer, and getting away from Touchwiz you'll see that Light :)

wazzugrad

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Went from the Note 3 to the G3. I do miss the stylus at times, but overall I love the phone. Camera is great and the battery life is even better than the N3.

mcg3745

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I used the N3 for about 6months and switched to G3. I like the accuracy of the colors on the LCD versus the S-AMOLED screen. Size is good and knock on/off cant be beat.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Why do people have a hard time getting away from touchwiz being reason Samsung phones are bad, there a launcher called nova launcher, I use it on all the phones I get, including the g3.

Far as I'm concerned the launcher of any phone is not a argument of whether the phone is good or not, nova launcher fixes that issue. And I had the g3, it stuttered to, nova launcher didn't

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Why do people have a hard time getting away from touchwiz being reason Samsung phones are bad, there a launcher called nova launcher, I use it on all the phones I get, including the g3.

Far as I'm concerned the launcher of any phone is not a argument of whether the phone is good or not, nova launcher fixes that issue. And I had the g3, it stuttered to, nova launcher didn't

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

But...I like the lock screen effects of the stock launcher :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta