LG G3 Exchange (corporate) Email Issue

DanKatz

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I got my G3 about a month ago. Came from a SG S3. Everything has been great - no lag, fantastic battery, great screen, etc.. But I am having one issue:

Did not notice it the first 2 weeks, then noticed it about every 4-5 days, and now I see it about every 1-2 days. I will notice when I open my email app that it has not updated in a few hours, and I manually refresh it I get the message "Server temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." If I restart the phone, the problem goes away and my exchange email is up to date, and it works fine going forward. Then 1-2 days later it happens again. Never had this problem on my GS S3 for the 2 years that I had it, and it was connected to the same exchange server.

I have already tried removing the account and re-activating it. Did not solve the problem. Our IT guys say it has nothing to do on the server side, and had no helpful solutions. Anyone here experienced anything like this, or have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Exchange (corporate) Email Issue

Ugh, that sounds annoying. I just got my G3 Saturday and have yet to set up my work Exchange account. Will do this soon and will try to remember to report back. If I forget, though, you can assume I'm not having any issues!

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I am experiencing the same problem. It seems to come back by itself without rebooting. I had it happen a couple of days ago when I was in a bad signal area. The phone couldn't get 4G, and it was cycling between 3G and 1x.

DanKatz

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Mine does not come back. At least not after 3-4 hours. After that point I just restart the phone.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I like Nine for Exchange, available in the Play Store. Clean ui, similar to stock Android. Also, updated frequently. Well worth $10, in my judgment.

Scott Sperling

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue on my Verizon LG G3. My syncing issue ONLY happens on Wi-Fi. I'll notice that emails are not synced with my Outlook and that Read/Unread is not synced. When I switch to 4G and refresh the email app, everything properly syncs (new email, read/unread, etc...). I have the same issue whether using the stock LG email app or Nine.

My It guy is going to do some digging. He first thought that there may be a bad DNS address. Before he goes down that road, he said there were some Exchange updates that he would run first.

I will report back.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site

You can try going into Settings and Apps and in the email app, clear cache and data and see if that helps.

I'm using Mailwise to bypass the exchange security because i prefer to use another method than pin and have to say it's a nice running, clean style app that's better than stock and it's free to boot. Nine looks good but for 9 bucks I want it to bypass security and allow me to use knock code.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Very much appreciated.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

I have my G3 set up with my exchange email from work, but I have the sync option and notifications turned off (I don't like to be bothered at home with work, but I like having it connected in case I am needed, or in case I need to check in on anything).

the email will manually sync when I open the email app, and I have seen the "server unavailable" notice a couple of times. Seems to have corrected itself though in all cases without a reboot.

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue on my Verizon LG G3. My syncing issue ONLY happens on Wi-Fi. I'll notice that emails are not synced with my Outlook and that Read/Unread is not synced. When I switch to 4G and refresh the email app, everything properly syncs (new email, read/unread, etc...). I have the same issue whether using the stock LG email app or Nine.

My It guy is going to do some digging. He first thought that there may be a bad DNS address. Before he goes down that road, he said there were some Exchange updates that he would run first.

I will report back.

This is the exact same issue I am having. I removed and re-added my account and it synced fine and then later that day it was out of sync again. My IT guy said to not use Wi-Fi and it sounded like they may have seen this issue with phones other than the G3.

Scott Sperling

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
So here is what ended up solving the problem for me. First, my IT guy ran some Exchange updates, but this did not solve the problem. My other onsite IT guy (let's call him Julio...since he is likely monitoring this thread and will appreciate the props) had me turn off some of the Wi-Fi power-saving features (Settings, Wi-Fi, Menu, Advanced Wi-Fi) by enabling "Keep Wi-Fi on when screen is off" and disabling "Battery saving for Wi-Fi". One or both of those settings changes seems to have solved my problem. My corporate exchange email is now updating and syncing properly via wireless and has done so for the past 3 days using both the LG app and Nine.

I'll try to toggle those two settings separately to see if I can identify if just one of those settings (by themselves) will make the difference. In the meantime, I'm just happy to get my exchange working properly again.

I'm sure I am taking a bit of a hit on battery life, but I am in the habit of recharging at the end of each day.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No issues with mine at all. I just switched it to manually sync because I don't want my phone going off constantly and that started to kill my battery.

Sent from my VZW LG G3 (tapatalk)

swilson317

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue with Google Mail. Didn't start until after the dreaded Lollipop 5.0.1 update was installed. <sigh> I'm ready to pay LG to have Kit Kat re-installed on my phone!!!

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue with Google Mail. Didn't start until after the dreaded Lollipop 5.0.1 update was installed. <sigh> I'm ready to pay LG to have Kit Kat re-installed on my phone!!!

Try a different email app if it's allowed. I'm using the old Android stock mail with Exchange (no longer on the play store - replaced by Google Mail) and it works best. I also tested Type Mail. It worked fine and had lots of functionality but used slightly more battery than the older stock email program. Type Mail is very easy to configure on Exchange. Let us know if you find something that works.

chuckh1958

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its the same problem but on my LG Volt I noticed email was lagging by a few hours every night. I discovered the LG email app was set up to NOT sync overnight by default. That can be changed by going to email, settings, select the account, update schedule. There are two update schedules - peak and off-peak. I had to set off-peak to "push".

My own remaining problem is that I cant get any folders except "Inbox" to generate notifications or show up in the folders drop down. I've configured the sub-folder to be synchronized but its still doesn't do either. :(

matty032

Trusted Member
Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I just use the new and improved Microsoft Outlook app. For my work exchange account. Works good, and its free! Oh, and your phone can't be wiped when you use it, like the built in account can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae