How do I disable LG's built-in apps?

DevilInPgh

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Disabling LG's built-in apps impossible

Does anyone know how to disable some of the official LG apps and widgets? I can remove them from my homescreen, but I can't disable them in the applications manager. Some of them, notably Weather, are still listed under Running, even though I don't have the Weather widget running.

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Disabling LG's built-in apps impossible

Does anyone know how to disable some of the official LG apps and widgets? I can remove them from my homescreen, but I can't disable them in the applications manager. Some of them, notably Weather, are still listed under Running, even though I don't have the Weather widget running.

Not possible without rooting - although the weather app isn't listed as running on my G3 (I've never touched it)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Disabling LG's built-in apps impossible

If you goes to Settings, General, Smart Clean, 3-dot, Settings, Idle Time Period, you could temporarily set the idle app time to 1 week, and allow unwanted app icons to be removed by the Smart Clean broom and stowed away as idle apps....as long as you remember to USE the ones you want to keep AND remember to change the 1-week setting after.
Heh.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01