LG G3 9000 mAh Battery + Case: ZeroLemon

BucksBroke

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have one and like it. Makes phone twice as thick but other dimensions are the same as any other case. I make it thru the day with heavy use, no problem now. Typically had to recharge at least once thru the day of not twice.

Posted via the Android Central App

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered one of these this morning. I believe it takes twice as long to charge as the stock battery. I usually plug mine in overnight.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine in the mail today. It's a little heavier, a little bulkier, but as expected. It came with a screen protector, which I didn't put on. There is also an adapter (basically a piece of plastic with a piece of foam glued on it), so you can use the regular battery with the case. No hole for the speaker, but I did try a speakerphone phone call. I could hear the audio just fine through the holes at the bottom of the case. It said it had about a 62% charge when I first turned the phone on with the new battery. They recommend a 12 hour charge on the first charge, followed by 5 complete discharges/recharges. I thought I would try turning WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS/Sync and forcing my screen on at 100% brightness just to see how long the battery would last for the first few days/charge cycles. It comes with a similar belt holster which reminds me of the Otterbox style, which I rarely used with my SGS3. As far as fitting into a pocket, it probably fits just fine in my back pocket, or my inside jacket pocket, the typical pockets I would use.

MC_A_DOT

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I just got mine in the mail today. It's a little heavier, a little bulkier, but as expected. It came with a screen protector, which I didn't put on. There is also an adapter (basically a piece of plastic with a piece of foam glued on it), so you can use the regular battery with the case. No hole for the speaker, but I did try a speakerphone phone call. I could hear the audio just fine through the holes at the bottom of the case. It said it had about a 62% charge when I first turned the phone on with the new battery. They recommend a 12 hour charge on the first charge, followed by 5 complete discharges/recharges. I thought I would try turning WiFi/Bluetooth/GPS/Sync and forcing my screen on at 100% brightness just to see how long the battery would last for the first few days/charge cycles. It comes with a similar belt holster which reminds me of the Otterbox style, which I rarely used with my SGS3. As far as fitting into a pocket, it probably fits just fine in my back pocket, or my inside jacket pocket, the typical pockets I would use.

So what about normal side pockets?

Putting it in the back pocket isn't an option....it will get sat on.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
So what about normal side pockets?

Putting it in the back pocket isn't an option....it will get sat on.

I suppose you have to consider both the girth of the 9,000 mAh G3 and whether or not you wear loose fitting pants. If you are like me and wear regular fit pants, you'll probably get it in a side pocket.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Guys-

While the Zerolemon battery might be a massive, unsightly accessory, it's an option for those who require extra charge during the day. Again, the beauty of Android is having choices; a failed iPhone experience.

The G3 comes out of the box very sleek, and a 9,000 mAh battery will obviously be larger, I think having the ability to have sufficient charge as a power user is more important than looks.

Remember, Android has always been about options. The Apple crowd has to make due on a battery that historically packed less than 2,000 mAh, and that is simply too restrictive for me.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I always wear one of those sleeveless jackets with many pockets, perfect for phones. I guess if you need to look smart that's hardly an option.
I feel a tad sorry for people in the 23rd century, when, if Star Trek is right, smartphones will revert to being cassette-recorder-size devices worn on straps round the neck.

Posted via Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Guys-

While the Zerolemon battery might be a massive, unsightly accessory, it's an option for those who require extra charge during the day. Again, the beauty of Android is having choices; a failed iPhone experience.

The G3 comes out of the box very sleek, and a 9,000 mAh battery will obviously be larger, I think having the ability to have sufficient charge as a power user is more important than looks.

Remember, Android has always been about options. The Apple crowd has to make due on a battery that historically packed less than 2,000 mAh, and that is simply too restrictive for me.

This is a good thing to remember.

My take on it is this:

If you want a lot more battery life (2x, 3x) than the G3 currently offers, you have two choices. Buy one or two extra stock batteries to keep and swap, or if you have no room to carry these around, get a ZeroLemon replacement.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I actually didn't try putting it in my pocket earlier, as it was still charging it's first charge. It's doable. I'm currently at 6 hours of continuous screen on at 100% brightness and I have 65% battery remaining. I'm more than satisfied with my purchase.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I actually didn't try putting it in my pocket earlier, as it was still charging it's first charge. It's doable. I'm currently at 6 hours of continuous screen on at 100% brightness and I have 65% battery remaining. I'm more than satisfied with my purchase.
100%, that's crazy! Nice to know it's not overheating.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
It ended up lasting 13 hours, I actually had to turn on my torch flashlight to get it to die completely for about an hour as well. It was getting pretty warm, but by that time it was getting cold outside and I actually put the phone down on the hood of my truck a few times just to give it a quick cool down. At the 8 hour mark, I also put on a live wallpaper at maximum framerate, I think I was using electric plasma. I was pretty busy at work, so I wasn't actually using my phone a whole lot.

I then set everything back to how I would normally use my phone, and it lasted about 2.5 days.

Nathan Delcamp

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: 9000 mAh Battery + Case: ZeroLemon

No way.Just saw one on a friend's phone. GINORMUS! LOL. He was getting about 10% dropped calls. I recommended him to go to carrier for new SIM card, and put back the stock battery, to see if this ginormus battery was causing any electrical chatter in the phone.

Has the calls gotten any better after the battery swap out?

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: 9000 mAh Battery + Case: ZeroLemon

No way.Just saw one on a friend's phone. GINORMUS! LOL. He was getting about 10% dropped calls. I recommended him to go to carrier for new SIM card, and put back the stock battery, to see if this ginormus battery was causing any electrical chatter in the phone.

I haven't noticed any such thing with mine. No missed calls, no dropped calls. Zip.