New G3 (but experienced android) user with problems transferring files from pc to g3

rogand

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of troubleshooting in getting some photos transferred from my PC or other older android devices onto my new G3.

Normally, I just connect via USB and drag from whatever picture/media/whatever folder on the PC to an appropriate folder on the new device,and it happens pretty seamlessly.

Here, when I open (on my Win7box) a file manager window of my pix and open another window to my connected G3, it appears to start a copy, but goes very slowly (even for a single pic) and them times out and says unable to copy after a few minutes.

I imagine I am missing some simple setting or mode that happens to default differently than on my other half a dozen android devices and I've just been lucky before.

What can cause a file (I've tried from various PCs, other android device connected to PCs etc) to seem to start to copy correctly from source to destination, but never be able to complete?

Love the new phone, but just can get any old photo favs over, and I'd really like to have them.

All ideas welcome.
Thanks
Roger

bwhardy

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Not the answer you are looking. For but I have the same problem on my Mac. Had to buy Isycr and only the WiFi works.

Posted via the Android Central App

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Looking for a bit of troubleshooting in getting some photos transferred from my PC or other older android devices onto my new G3.

Normally, I just connect via USB and drag from whatever picture/media/whatever folder on the PC to an appropriate folder on the new device,and it happens pretty seamlessly.

Here, when I open (on my Win7box) a file manager window of my pix and open another window to my connected G3, it appears to start a copy, but goes very slowly (even for a single pic) and them times out and says unable to copy after a few minutes.

I imagine I am missing some simple setting or mode that happens to default differently than on my other half a dozen android devices and I've just been lucky before.

What can cause a file (I've tried from various PCs, other android device connected to PCs etc) to seem to start to copy correctly from source to destination, but never be able to complete?

Love the new phone, but just can get any old photo favs over, and I'd really like to have them.

All ideas welcome.
Thanks
Roger

Try removing the sd card to which you want the files on and put it in your pc.
You might have to use a micro sd adapter for your pc.
This is the way I copied files I wanted to my sd card and it worked fine on my G3.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

All ideas welcome.
Thanks
Roger

Try a different micro USB cable. That can make a HUGE difference. By default, it should just "work." Heck, it works on my Linux Mint 17 - the latest kernel with nothing special needed. Also no problem with Windows 8 Professional. If not the cable it must be a Windows 7 issue.

JaiMento

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
What USB Connection mode are you using?

Edit: Also, it shouldn't need to be enabled, but have you tried enabling USB Debugging?