Battery Stats Can't Be Right

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I did a factory reset a few days ago, the battery usage indicator in settings is showing a different app using 70% of the battery and the screen under 10%. Yesterday it was the weather channel app and today Maps. This can't be right...I'm getting amazing battery life so nothing is wrong as far as that goes. I will say I use the phone very little during the day and get home from work with around 94% remaining after streaming music on the way home. What gives? Can such low usage skew the data?

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I did a factory reset a few days ago, the battery usage indicator in settings is showing a different app using 70% of the battery and the screen under 10%. Yesterday it was the weather channel app and today Maps. This can't be right...I'm getting amazing battery life so nothing is wrong as far as that goes. I will say I use the phone very little during the day and get home from work with around 94% remaining after streaming music on the way home. What gives? Can such low usage skew the data?

If your not using the phone much, or don't have it turned on much at work then the screen is going to be using very little of the battery...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've experienced something vaguely similar on a Nexus 5. One day for no apparent reason battery usage showed grotesquely wrong readings, which remained unchanging throughout day, despite continued use of phone. Tried all the things I could think of to fix and even asked advice in forums, but no go. In the end it just fixed itself. To this day I don't know what it was all about.
Sorry, that won't be of any practical help to you but at least you're not alone in having these baffling things happen.

Posted via Android Central App

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If you're only using six percent of your battery, then your screen must not be on very much, and it would make sense that 70 percent of the six you used would get eaten up by an app. Isn't that how the usage indicator works?

T-Mobile G3