Clock set itself 2 hours ahead ?

Sonny2Gunz

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Went to rack out last night after grinding some Destiny with friends, looked at the clock before plugging in the charge cable and had an oh **** moment. Looks like I stayed yup too late again. Oh well, it won't be the last time I need an extra cup of coffee before I'm functional in the morning.

Woke up this morning to my alarm and hopped in the shower. The wife comes in and asked me what I was doing and points at the clock on the wall. Its an exact 2 hours earlier than my normal routine. Dafuq ?

Go check my phone and sure enough, its showing 2 hours early. A quick Googling tells me that others have experienced this problem a few years ago and the recommended fix is to disable auto time, restart device and re-enable auto time.

Attempted fix, and was rewarded with a complete wipe of my app placements on all screens and the return of the crappy stock Sprint bloatware apps in their factory positions.

Anyone else run into this issue ?

Completely stock phone unrooted.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Well that sucks.
Personally, I have not experienced this.
If you have not already, check in Settings under Date & time to see how it is noted.

Mav. :cool:

Sonny2Gunz

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
I checked again after the reboot and the time was still wrong only this time it was 3 hours early rather than the initial 2 hours late. I just said F it and manually set the time and went back to sleep. I re-enabled auto time after I got to work and now its behaving normally.