Thinking of making the switch...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't use auto brightness on any of my phones because I don't much like it, but I I find 40-50% or thereabouts is good in bright sunlight. At say 20-25% it can be difficult even to see the lockscreen keypad for entering the PIN.
My Lumia is set to medium brightness and causes no problems.

Posted via Android Central App

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
You came over from a BB, though. I came from a One X, and the screen owns the G3 screen and is two years older.

I came from a onex to a z10 to the LG g3. The onex 2 1/2 years on is still going strong but sorry the screen is not as good as the LG g3. Not new and not now.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I would just like to add that this is the best phone I have ever owned/used/tried. I have owned the Note series phones(except the 4), and have spent time with the s5. The lg g3 is still hands down the best. I love this phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Google10

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I came from a onex to a z10 to the LG g3. The onex 2 1/2 years on is still going strong but sorry the screen is not as good as the LG g3. Not new and not now.
One X screen was called the best ever by multiple sources. I know that was a while ago, but I put them next to each other on full brightness and watched the same video and it wasn't close. G3 was dull and One X colors were naturally bright. I ran the One X on 50% and it was perfect in sunlight. When I'm outside I have to pump my G3 from 50% to 100% to see the screen.

stevovr

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
One X screen was called the best ever by multiple sources. I know that was a while ago, but I put them next to each other on full brightness and watched the same video and it wasn't close. G3 was dull and One X colors were naturally bright. I ran the One X on 50% and it was perfect in sunlight. When I'm outside I have to pump my G3 from 50% to 100% to see the screen.
take your phone back its defective. my onex was a brilliant phone but as good as the screen was its not as good as the G3.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g3/418805-lets-honest-here-g3s-screen-isnt-great-6.html
link to possible solution if you havent seen it

Last edited:

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
People have been asking me if I would recommend this phone, and I just can't. Screen is dull and bad in sunlight, multitasking is annoying (click multitasking button and app you were just in doesn't show a lot of the time, accidentally swipe out wrong app as you expect current app to be there), processor just doesn't seem like it can handle the screen resolution. Of course everyone else that has one will say how great it is.

Will it get L? Hopefully, but who knows when. Maybe that will fix multitasking.

I have to agree with the screen. I really wanted to love this phone, I even had 2 of them. I loved everything about this phone except the screen and slow charging. Being a field tech I'm in the car a lot, with the dim screen I would have to crank up the brightness and still didn't look as good as the S5. Yea yea I know the Samsung screens are over saturated and stuff but they just work and look good. Got a Note 4 on order and just might trade my S5 for a G3 just to have a smaller phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995