LG Updates.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I purchased the LG G3 on launch day and received it 7/17. I invested quite a few hours research the G3, being that this is my first phone ordering online and not playing with it first.

Everything I read about the G3 was pretty spot on. I'm very happy with the performance, call clarity, and the seemingly excellent radio which is giving me reception in places my Galaxy S4 didn't.

Now the hot topic is Android 4,4,4 but more importantly, Android L. Based on articles and LG user feedback I probably shouldn't hold my breath for an update. In fact, one article I read puts LG dead last in OS updates followed by Samsung.

I've read speculative articles that give a small range of dates for some, not all, manufacturers. The question is, has anyone heard anything at all about LG giving the G3 a timely Android L update?

Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere on here that 4.4.4 is just an iterative update, and the G3's 4.4.2 basically has what is in 4.4.4. I'm not going to worry about L until other phones start getting it.

T-Mobile G3

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
The LGElectronics angel might be able to tell us something about that, but seems sadly absent from this forum of late.

Posted via Android Central App

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am hearing Nov 1st as an announce/release date for Android L for the Nexus line.
Also hearing it gives 30-40% better battery life. :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint Tri-Band LG G3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo