So most of my friends usually "troll" me by spamming wrong lock codes to get in my phone. They think it will lock my phone but what they don't realize is the lg g3 resets if there is too many attempts..
    How can i somehow change this, it already happened to be twice and I dont want to restore and back up my data..
    10-14-2014 12:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't think you can change that, unless perhaps you root the phone and install a custom ROM. Those don't sound like very good friends. Tell them to stay the heck away from your phone.
    10-14-2014 01:51 AM
    Maybe instead of locking the whole phone, you can get an app like AppLock. That will set a pin (or password, I can't remember) on specific apps (including AppLock itself) you don't want people to see. And as I recall there is no reset if too many wrong attempts are made.
    10-14-2014 08:38 AM
    How are they entering wrong lock codes? The only way I know to enter a lock code is by typing on the screen. If that's what they're doing, the answer seems obvious: Don't give them your phone or leave it lying where they can get to it.
    anon(6142785) and pushdrops like this.
    10-14-2014 04:01 PM
    If these so-called friends, who sound immature, irresponsible, and a damn nuisance, damage or prevent access to your property, which is not just your phone, but also your data and settings on it, they will be held liable in the eyes of the law and you would be able to sue for damages. I imagine we are talking thousands of dollars. Ask them whether they have the money to pay for this.

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-14-2014 04:06 PM
    I find a good choke hold works well in keeping people from doing things to me and my property that I do not like.

How to Apply a Sleeper Hold | eHow
    10-14-2014 04:41 PM
    ^^^I'd vote you ten Like icons for that if I could but it'll have to be just the one.

BBSeattle likes this.
    10-14-2014 05:38 PM
    I find a good choke hold works well in keeping people from doing things to me and my property that I do not like.

LOL.
    10-14-2014 07:48 PM
    BBSeattle's answer is the best. If that doesn't work out, like if you don't have suitable body hardware to execute violence protocols, or moral compatibility issues etc., I'm afraid you may have to upgrade to some better quality friends.
    jaypster, kj11, belodion and 1 others like this.
    10-14-2014 09:28 PM
    Get new friends...
    10-14-2014 09:52 PM

DingDingDing! We have a winner!
    belodion likes this.
    10-14-2014 09:55 PM
    I would, in return, lock their phones by accelerating them at a high rate into a very solid object... like the pavement.
    B. Diddy and belodion like this.
    10-15-2014 09:55 AM
    I would, in return, lock their phones by accelerating them at a high rate into a very solid object... like the pavement.
    That sounds even better if you say it in the voice of Comic Book Guy.
    I'm reminded of him because I was thinking of Mo's probable solution...."BAM! The old fork in the eye!"

B. Diddy likes this.
    10-15-2014 10:19 AM
    I agree, get new friends.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-19-2014 09:27 PM
    Beat one down as a warning to the others. Get new friends. Problem solved.

Posted from my VZW LG G3
    belodion likes this.
    10-20-2014 12:57 PM
    The readiness with which fellow members of this forum recommend committing acts of violence as a way of solving this problem, brings a tear of pride to the eye.

10-20-2014 01:25 PM
    Just turn it off.

Go to Settings > Security > Device Administrators and un-check Android Device Manager.
    10-20-2014 03:08 PM
    Just turn it off.

Go to Settings > Security > Device Administrators and un-check Android Device Manager.
    That would work, but a person has the right to leave their phone turned on, and with ADM checked. In fact, a person surely has the right to smear ultra-strong industrial-grade instant-bond superglue on something of theirs that LOOKS like a phone, and to leave it on their desk with a note saying DO NOT TOUCH.

10-20-2014 07:24 PM
    2 words: b|tch slap

Sent from my Nokia 909 using Tapatalk
    Expydude likes this.
    10-20-2014 08:06 PM
    That would work, but a person has the right to leave their phone turned on, and with ADM checked. In fact, a person surely has the right to smear ultra-strong industrial-grade instant-bond superglue on something of theirs that LOOKS like a phone, and to leave it on their desk with a note saying DO NOT TOUCH.
    I figured with all the responses about getting new friends, I would give him an actual solution to his problem via a settings change.
    JaiMento likes this.
    10-21-2014 09:11 AM
    ^^^I see your point and of course that is actually answering the question that the OP asked, but I personally prefer death threats etc, you understand.

I can't really take the thread seriously any more. For all our various solutions, the OP seems remarkably uninterested.

10-21-2014 11:46 AM