Will the LG G3 get Android 5.0 Lollipop?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I saw a post somewhere (XDA, I think) where someone said they asked LG Canada, and the answer they got back was "early 2015." Of course, if you have a carrier branded phone you'll have additional delay while the carrier adds their bloat and tests everything.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
The Lollipop update has already started rolling out and Poland was the first to get it so far

Yes, but for those with U.S. carrier branded phones it will take quite a bit longer. Each carrier will have to add their unique "added value" software (AKA bloat) and do their own testing before they release it to consumers.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Is that unrooted? Doesn't look like Lollipop..

Posted via the Android Central App
It's rooted. Definitely lollipop.
ca0a80ad5e86c169a19f4bd974649848.jpg

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got the D855 (international version, I believe) and there is no brand logo on it (I'm pretty sure it's not branded) and I have no idea when to expect it :/ I would appreciate it if someone gives some info :)
I also have the Nexus 7 2012 3G and still no update :/

Last edited:

Ivailo Yanev

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for the bulgarian. I have a lot of background apps running but still performs great. I have the 3GB version.

Attachments

• 17008.jpg
    17008.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 165

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So I'm guessing things like the menu button and navigation buttons are not from the actual update? Just wondering cause I haven't seen it in any other preview of Lollipop for g3

Those are the new lollipop buttons on vanilla Android, which the ROM I have is. This is not an LG ROM. I believe there's an LG int'l variant of lollipop for the G3. I haven't actually seen it and I don't think one is avail yet for my phone, AT&T.