Buggy as all get-out.

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So I got my G3 (AT&T) the other day and I really wanted to love it, but I can't. Coming from a Oneplus One that was so glitch-ridden that I wanted to run over it repeatedly with my car on a daily basis, I really had high expectations for the G3, but it's just trading one set of bugs for another. Of the known issues with the G3, I'm experiencing a few of them regularly. I can actually deal with the little ones like WiFi dropping for a second or the "knock-on" feature taking two or three tries to actually turn on the screen, but the aux cable in my car issue is just ridiculous. It recognizes that there's an aux cable plugged in just fine most of the time (I don't know why differentiating between an aux in and headset was important at all, but whatever), but the jarring noise between tracks might be a dealbreaker. Has this been determined to be a software issue that can be fixed with an update or do I need to find another phone before my 14 days are up?

Posted via the Android Central App

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain.... I found the aux cable maddening... LG was trying to do something clever but somehow didn't pull it off right.

As my car has an aux input but no bluetooth, it drove me crazy on a recent audio trip. When I got home, I ended up buying this:

CarAudio Connect AUX with Bluetooth®. Belkin lists it at $79, but amazon has it for $32 (it says iphone but don't worry, it works with anything that has bluetooth.

and I am quite happy with it. I shouldn't have had to buy it for the audio, but it had additional benefits, namely that I can take calls through my car speakers as well. And it eliminated the need for mye to hook up to a cable at all. I'd probably want it even if I didn't have the aux cable issue in hindsight....

Last edited:

skafri

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain.... I found the aux cable maddening... LG was trying to do something clever but somehow didn't pull it off right.

As my car has an aux input but no bluetooth, it drove me crazy on a recent audio trip. When I got home, I ended up buying this:

CarAudio Connect AUX with Bluetooth®. Belkin lists it at $79, but amazon has it for $32 (it says iphone but don't worry, it works with anything that has bluetooth.

and I am quite happy with it. I shouldn't have had to buy it for the audio, but it had additional benefits, namely that I can take calls through my car speakers as well. And it eliminated the need for mye to hook up to a cable at all. I'd probably want it even if I didn't have the aux cable issue in hindsight....

You're right, it shouldn't be necessary, but music in my car is a really big deal to me, so it's worth a try. I just want to know if it's something that can be fixed with an update. I can deal with everything else, but not this. :/

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So I got my G3 (AT&T) the other day and I really wanted to love it, but I can't. Coming from a Oneplus One that was so glitch-ridden that I wanted to run over it repeatedly with my car on a daily basis, I really had high expectations for the G3, but it's just trading one set of bugs for another. Of the known issues with the G3, I'm experiencing a few of them regularly. I can actually deal with the little ones like WiFi dropping for a second or the "knock-on" feature taking two or three tries to actually turn on the screen, but the aux cable in my car issue is just ridiculous. It recognizes that there's an aux cable plugged in just fine most of the time (I don't know why differentiating between an aux in and headset was important at all, but whatever), but the jarring noise between tracks might be a dealbreaker. Has this been determined to be a software issue that can be fixed with an update or do I need to find another phone before my 14 days are up?

Don't give up on android come on over to Sammy and get yourself a nice shiny new note 4 and all worries are over

Posted via Android Central App

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Is your phone charging when your playing music? Also. I'm not having the auxiliary issue. You may need to swap the device out if that's the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair