I think my G3 is confused. If I go to apps in settings is shows all my apps are on the SD card. If I unmount my sd card, nothing changes - the apps are all showing as on the non-existant SD card. After mounting I tried moving Co-Pilot to the card and it appeared to go through the process but wasn't actually moved over.

Any ideas?
    10-26-2014 08:59 AM
    I don't think you need worry. I have apps listed there as on an SD card, and am not using one. I think it means some sort of internal SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App
    scgf likes this.
    10-26-2014 09:15 AM
    If you're talking about the SD Card tab in the Application manager, those are apps which can be moved to the SD card. If you tap on one, you'll notice there's a button labeled "Move to SD card." If you tap it, and wait a moment, that button will change to "Move to phone," indicating the app is now on the SD card. Hit the back button, and you'll see a check mark next to the app you just moved.

I agree the tab label is a bit confusing.
    10-26-2014 09:53 PM
    ^^^I don't get that option....perhaps because I'm not using an SD card?

10-26-2014 11:52 PM
    I got rid of my SD card. Some apps never worked. Also I use Apex launcher. Apex was on my SD card. So on start up it would start up with the stock launcher. So I ditched it everything works fine now.

10-27-2014 10:59 AM
    ^^^I don't get that option....perhaps because I'm not using an SD card?

Yes, if you don't have an SD card it's obviously not going to let you move apps to it.

I got rid of my SD card. Some apps never worked. Also I use Apex launcher. Apex was on my SD card. So on start up it would start up with the stock launcher. So I ditched it everything works fine now.

Any app that needs to run in the background should NOT be moved to the SD card.
    belodion likes this.
    10-27-2014 11:12 PM
    The default SD card now, sd0, is the internal card, so it gets confusing if you put something on the "SD card" and look on the external card for it. Apps that don't give you the choice of internal or external (mostly older apps, when sd0 was the external card) use the internal card.
    belodion likes this.
    10-28-2014 12:49 AM
    Yes, if you don't have an SD card it's obviously not going to let you move apps to it.
    Dohhh!

10-28-2014 06:59 AM