I just received a phone call on my G3 and I noticed the sound was markedly improved. I looked at the screen and saw a HD Calling icon in the upper left portion of the screen.

Anyone know if T-Mobile threw a switch and turned this on for us G3 owners? I've not see any firmware updates since the last one over a month ago so I don't know what's going on there.
    10-27-2014 04:09 PM
    I've been with t-mobile for about two months now and have had HD voice calling the entire time. It only works when you call other T-Mobile phones that are capable of HD voice. Maybe you hadn't called another phone that could do it before? Or perhaps they had to upgrade a tower by you to enable it? About a month ago T-mobile sent an update that improved wifi calling, and I think it enables HD voice over wifi as well.
    mikepas likes this.
    10-28-2014 10:31 AM
    I've been with t-mobile for about two months now and have had HD voice calling the entire time. It only works when you call other T-Mobile phones that are capable of HD voice. Maybe you hadn't called another phone that could do it before? Or perhaps they had to upgrade a tower by you to enable it? About a month ago T-mobile sent an update that improved wifi calling, and I think it enables HD voice over wifi as well.
    This -- It only works when calling other T-Mobile customers. They've had it for awhile but if you don't have many people on T-Mobile that you call you may not have noticed.
    10-28-2014 05:29 PM
    This -- It only works when calling other T-Mobile customers. They've had it for awhile but if you don't have many people on T-Mobile that you call you may not have noticed.
    Plus both phones have to be compatible. I have a G3 and my wife has a S5 so we don't have any problem. But if I call my mother in law (also on T-Mobile) then I we don't have HD voice because she has a Nexus 5 and it isn't compatible
    10-28-2014 06:01 PM
    I have sprint and I've been on a few calls, where the HD is lit up and you can hear the difference.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-28-2014 10:45 PM
    When my husband and I switched to T-Mobile in November of last year, he commented several times how our phone conversations sounded "strange." It was because of the clearness of the HD voice. It is a little strange when you first hear it. But it's a good kind of strange!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2014 10:49 PM
    I thought the same thing! I was like why do our calls sound so weird
    10-29-2014 01:09 AM