Notifications

plugandplay1

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Just got the LG G3, seems like a good phone, but how do I change the notification tones for different things (ie. 1 for email, another for text , another for my alarm) and how do I change the text notification for individual contacts?

I could do all that on my Galaxy S3, but can't figure it out on the LG G3.

Thanks,
Mike

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Within each app, tap Menu, then Settings, and look for the app's specific notification options. You can often modify the tones there.

To set a specific ringtone or notification tone for a contact, go to People/Contacts, select the contact, and tap the Menu button. See if there is an option there to select a ringtone.

plugandplay1

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks B Diidy, it is not the apps I want to change the notification tones, it's email, texts received and my calendar notifications or alarms.

And also, where is the Menu button? When I press what I thought is was all I get is a window of the open apps and buttons for "Clear All" and "Dual Window". If I press and hold that button I get a pop up for "Add Apps", Home Screen Settings, Lock Screen Settings and Settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So there are two ways to change your Notification tones. If you want to change the default Notification tone throughout the whole system, go to Settings>Sound>Notifications. But if you want different notification tones for email, text, etc., then you need to do what I suggested above. For example, open the Messaging app, tap the Menu button (which is the 3 vertical dot button on the screen), then Settings, then look for the Notification options for the Messaging app. You can change the tone to something else, which will make the notifications from text messages sound different from the default tone you had set in the system settings. You can do the same in the Email app.

The button you're referring to is the Recent Apps button. For Android devices that don't have a capacitative Menu button, you should be able to see an onscreen menu button, which usually looks like 3 vertical dots, or 3 stacked horizontal lines.

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Like B Diddy said open the app you want to change the notification for (Messaging, email or calendar) and then press the menu button to access the settings. The menu button is the three little dots in the top right of the app. The menu can also be accessed by long pressing the recent apps key, this is the key you thought was menu. Example: open the email app and press the menu button, then select settings, then select your account and scroll down until you see notification sound and select it, this will give you a list of sounds to choose from. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech