LG G3 Wifi Issue, not connecting to fastest network

Dylan Launder

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just got my LG G3 (Verizon) yesterday, coming from a Galaxy S3. In my house I have a wireless router and a wireless access point, both using same SSID/Password, each one on opposite channels (1 and 11). Whenever I walk into my house my G3 connects to the main router, as it's the first to show up but once I go upstairs where my access point is the G3 continues holding onto the very weak (<5Mbps) wifi signal from the main router and won't switch over to the stronger signal (>75+Mbps) from the access point only a few feet away from me. Only if I turn wifi off and back on will it connect to the now stronger signal from the access point upstairs.

On my S3 it would auto switch between the wifi signals (same SSID/Password setup I have had for a few months now) to always stay connected to the one with the greatest strength/speed. Not so on my G3.

Without looking into a 3rd party app, is there anything I am missing/any settings? I have Battery Save while WiFi is on set to Off and have it set to auto disconnect from weak/slow connections but still no go. The weird thing is that on the main WiFi setup screen on the G3 the signal strength shows that it "senses" the stronger signal from the access point (full bars of WiFi) but the WiFi icon on the status bar shows only 1 bar because it is still staying connected to the main router downstairs.

Thanks!

davidblake

Banned
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Well, I can't really tell why this is happening but anyway I would say it may be that S3 may have been installed with a better wireless card than LG G3 !

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes happens to me, but not much. I'm in Scotland UK, my broadband provider at home is BT. Nearby I have a free BT zone mast. Although it's a lot slower, I just go into settings and change it. It does happen occasionally.

Posted via the Android Central App