Update on Verizon

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
So I am dumb. I have swipe to unlock, the shortcut only shows up if you have knock code or a pin set.

Posted via the Android Central App

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Tried to update twice and keep getting an error code on the beginning of the first step... Don't know if I will be able to update it.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a tech expert, but just wondering if anyone who is having issue pulling down the update has enabled art. Just a thought

bwcatpeeler

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
So I am dumb. I have swipe to unlock, the shortcut only shows up if you have knock code or a pin set.

I use swipe to unlock and I have the camera icon available. Am I the only one who has had it available since I got the phone in July? This update didn't change and UI for me.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Are u rooted? I'm rooted and restored all bloat and still can't update. And never bothered with art
Tried to update twice and keep getting an error code on the beginning of the first step... Don't know if I will be able to update it.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G3 Cyan Tapatalk

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
The camera on the lock screen has always been available to me but I don't like having it there so I unchecked the box under settings.

Last edited:

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Are u rooted? I'm rooted and restored all bloat and still can't update. And never bothered with art

Yeah I am rooted but people have been able to update with root and kept root. Same should be with me.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Rooted, downloaded update with no issues. The good news, you're not missing anything unless you really want the camera access from your lock screen.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm rooted, xposed and tweaksbox running, all three survived the update. I know I shouldn't have taken it, looks like I got lucky.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use swipe to unlock and I have the camera icon available. Am I the only one who has had it available since I got the phone in July? This update didn't change and UI for me.

The update makes the camera available on secure lock screens as well, not just swipe to unlock

DirtyLarry1

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I also am unable to update. I rooted my phone awhile back and I did it to get the Weather Effects on the Lock Screen. I honestly do not know much about rooting at all, so just followed some directions at the time and apparently was successful in my root as I did get the Weather Animations working.
Is there a simple way to unroot ones phone?
Honestly I do not even need to have a root as truly all I did it for was the Weather Animations, and would rather just have a phone I can update when updates are available.
I am even fine with starting over if that is what is needed.
Any advice how to get it back to factory settings is appreciated.
TIA,
DL

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Verizon also said, "bug fixes and whatnot" so maybe there were performance enhancements but since I use Nova, it's been lag free from the beginning. Hopefully a battery fix? Not that it desperately needs a battery fix, but further battery optimization would be nice considering 3,000mAh discharges quicker than one would think running the screen on 4G for a few hours.

DirtyLarry1

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I found a guide how to unroot my phone. I cannot post a link to it here since I do not have 10 posts, but seems pretty legit. Some site called androidrootz.com. If someone can just confirm if that site is legit it would be appreciated. Going to do it over the weekend as I am on a Macbook right now and it can only be done in a Windows comp and quite frankly I do not want to start such an endeavor until I have a few hours to kill just in case.
Thanks.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I found a guide how to unroot my phone. I cannot post a link to it here since I do not have 10 posts, but seems pretty legit. Some site called androidrootz.com. If someone can just confirm if that site is legit it would be appreciated. Going to do it over the weekend as I am on a Macbook right now and it can only be done in a Windows comp and quite frankly I do not want to start such an endeavor until I have a few hours to kill just in case.
Thanks.

Let us know how it goes.

sralj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

No, I have had the camera icon on the lock screen since I got the phone in July as well. I haven't done the upgrade yet.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No, I have had the camera icon on the lock screen since I got the phone in July as well. I haven't done the upgrade yet.

I think you're probably confusing the camera icon that you can have on the swipe to unlock with the camera icon that exists now if you have an actual security code (such as a pin, pattern or knock code) enabled. The former has always been there (along with the ability to have other icons), while the latter is new and allows you to go to the camera without having to put in your code.

The difference is that "swipe to unlock" is not really securing your phone. As soon as you enable actual security those icons disappear on your lockscreen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol