I've been an Iphone user for years and was impressed with the G3 so switched 2 weeks ago. Verizon carrier. So far it seems like a pretty decent phone. I did root it which was fast. No lag, Great screen. Here are a few things i noticed that I'm not looking for help with just putting it out there.
    1) Camera doesn't seem as clear as Iphone ( I hear it's that way with many Android phones )
    2) Big Pandora user, Using Pandora patcher, Everytime I start Pandora it crashes but starts fine 2nd time. no skip, no ads works, when I download a song it downloads forever and pandora stops. Just need to restart
    3) Mobizen is a little quirky. I have usb debugging on but everytime I plug in the USB I have to chose internet mode and if it's on modem I need to choose ethernet, if ethernet, i need to choose modem. Once again no big deal, just quirky.
    4) I honestly don't know if it's the battery doctor or just the kitkat software but two things I love are when it tells me I have apps I havent used in a while and when the CPU gets hot. Big helps for me
    5) My company runs an exchange 2010 that disables activesync and forces us to use an airwatch client that forces the phone to lock after 5 mins. I get its for safety and security but (and I wish I knew what it was called) IOS had an app that allowed me to connect to my OWA web address and receive E-mails and calendar data from there. I found a few apps that do this but nothing as robust as IOS.

I think just due to the speed, size and amount of apps. I'm going to stick with this phone. While I think the IOS has more "polished" apps, it seems Android has some really good ones and I really can't find anything this phone can't do.

Just my 2 cents.

However, I did just download the verizon update pushed today and it failed as soon as i tried installing it.
    10-30-2014 12:36 PM
    I've been an Iphone user for years and was impressed with the G3 so switched 2 weeks ago. Verizon carrier. So far it seems like a pretty decent phone. I did root it which was fast. No lag, Great screen. Here are a few things i noticed that I'm not looking for help with just putting it out there.
    1) Camera doesn't seem as clear as Iphone ( I hear it's that way with many Android phones )...
    Consider that Verizon's roms have messed up many good phones. I have G3 on T-Mobile.

Please explain what you mean by "Camera doesn't seem as clear" - not sure what you mean. I think the camera in the G3 is very good. My friend's 5s might be better but both are in the same ballpark.
    10-30-2014 12:55 PM
    I had the 5 and picture's with that ( And I must say I use it very little ) just seem so damn good especially since I'm not a photographer. My wife and kids would ask me to take pictures since they look so good on the iphone5 ( compared to HTC M7, Galaxy S4 mini, and the ever antique HTC thunderbolt ). The pictures are good but comparing the two it just seems the Iphone is still crisper colors and perfect focus.
    10-30-2014 01:14 PM
    ^^^That's interesting. I've seen photos taken on a friend's iPhone 5s and although I've never done a side-by-side comparison with the G3 (there wouldn't be much point unless we shot the same subjects and this is not a close friend) I've always been struck by how good they are.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-30-2014 02:45 PM
    No issue with Pandora and Pandora Patcher here. No crashed, no delays download tracks.

There's an xposed module that's designed to bypass the lockscreen requirement for Exchange. Whether it will work will the airwatch client I have no idea.
    10-30-2014 05:05 PM