sorry guys, but you in the usa seem to be having a lot of problems with, lag, overheating, unable to use certain apps, bad battery life etc. Myself and others in the UK don't get these problems. Could it be your carrier? I dont know.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-31-2014 04:28 PM
    No problems with any of the above.
    Smooth, responsive, powerful...
    With Sprint
    oyeyemi808 likes this.
    10-31-2014 05:50 PM
    Their are plenty of US users on various carries as well that do not experience many of these issues.
    Not sure what the common denominator is or if there is one.
    On that note, I have read on this forum of non-US owners that have faced the dreaded overheating as well as lag.....go figure.

sorry guys, but you in the usa seem to be having a lot of problems with, lag, overheating, unable to use certain apps, bad battery life etc. Myself and others in the UK don't get these problems. Could it be your carrier? I dont know.

10-31-2014 05:57 PM
    also no problems with any of the above- verizon
    10-31-2014 05:58 PM
    Sprint here and couldn't be happier with my G3

VW Maverick likes this.
    10-31-2014 09:01 PM
    I have a T-Mobile G3 in the US, and I can say I've experienced every negative thing mentioned on these forums. I still like the phone though. My main wish would probably that the phone not get so hot. It has only ever overheated once, though, and it made sense; I was plugged in an mirroring a movie through chromecast while plugged in because the battery had gotten low.

T-Mobile G3
    11-01-2014 03:14 AM
    I have a t-mobile G3 and I recently switched to Cloudy Rom which is based on the software from the international version. It does seem to run better for the most part
    11-01-2014 11:05 AM
    I'm on Verizon, everything is great as long as I don't switch to ART.
    11-01-2014 11:27 AM
    On G3 now from Galaxy S4 and have nothing but great things to say - as for mirroring while plugged in no problem with either but streaming while plugged in and mirroring would make my s4 get way to hot for comfort - only do that now with nexus 7 2013 without problems

11-01-2014 09:43 PM
    I can say that there does seem to be a difference between the international builds and the US builds (At least the D851 T-Mobile ones). I had run stock (up to 10m) as well as Skydragom (10c) and ZoneRom (10m) and they all had some UI misfires. CloudyG3 (based on the international 10m kit) runs substantially better than any of the 'native' ROMs... night and day as far as UI performance is concerned (I never had heating issues to begin with). The only 'lag' I am running into now has to do with the app drawer in the Google Now Launcher that I have loaded, but that appears to be related to something XGel Settings (Xposed module I have loaded for more GNL customization) is doing and not the ROM.
    11-01-2014 10:20 PM
    Mine's an AT&T version and I also don't have any issues with lag & overheating. The only issue I have is the battery life which I expected to be better. Just curious, what are your average SOT (Screen-On Time)? Wanna know so I can compare and check if I need to replace mine coz I'm still within the 14-day period.
    11-03-2014 12:46 AM
    ^^^It's a long time since I felt any need to check that. There was one occasion when without trying, and with mixed usage and brightness settings, I found I'd got 6h SOT and was down to 18% charge, but I don't let it get that low any more for battery health reasons. I'm guessing an average of about 4h. Unlocked D855-EUR. What is your own experience?

11-03-2014 05:31 AM
    ^^^It's a long time since I felt any need to check that. There was one occasion when without trying, and with mixed usage and brightness settings, I found I'd got 6h SOT and was down to 18% charge, but I don't let it get that low any more for battery health reasons. I'm guessing an average of about 4h. Unlocked D855-EUR. What is your own experience?
    I've only had my G3 for a week and so far I get around 3 - 4 hours SOT with moderate usage. How long did it take for your battery to break-in?
    11-05-2014 11:58 PM
    I've only had my G3 for a week and so far I get around 3 - 4 hours SOT with moderate usage. How long did it take for your battery to break-in?

I don't recall for certain but I think it was good out of the box. I do remember my Lumia 1020 took three or four charge cycles which I think is normal for phones in general so the G3 may have been the same.
    jaypster likes this.
    11-06-2014 04:27 AM
    On Verizon and have no problems with my G3.
    11-06-2014 05:06 AM
    Sprint here and couldn't be happier with my G3
    Same here.
    No problems at all with any of those concerns.

Mav.
    11-06-2014 07:46 AM
    I haven't checked my screen time religiously, but when I do, it seems to be between three and four as well.

T-Mobile G3
    jaypster likes this.
    11-06-2014 07:56 AM
    I'm on Sprint and no real issues except for just recently, when I plug in my headset, it keeps either pausing or skipping the tracks either forward or backwards.....real annoying!! I have to constantly pull it out and then back in for it to stop. Its been getting worse but I think it has to do with the headset plug having 2 lines and others having 3 lines on the plug....I don't know. My brother has a Verizon G3 and he has sent his back for dead spots on his screen. He sent it to LG and they replaced the screen very quickly! Kudos to LG for repairing the device very quickly and not sending him a refurbished one!
    11-06-2014 08:21 AM
    My Sister has had a Verizon G3 for almost a week - no issues.
    11-06-2014 09:16 AM
    I've been experiencing problems as well and I'm also a T-Mobile G3. I've experienced it app like slowdowns, lag in the interface that is so bad that I have to reboot my phone. The apps in my app drawer keep disappearing and reappearing every time I want to access them. And I've sent my phone in multiple times for a new one thinking I have a bad model or something. But to my surprise it's all the same. This is the third G3 that I have and it still has all the problems that my previous ones had. Possibly tmobile is to blame here for their network making the g3 do these. But I'm not sure. Someone share some light on the T-Mobile faulty g3 crisis

11-06-2014 11:37 AM
    @faffy: This is my first Andriod phone, so I can't really say if the things I've had on this phone would be different on any other phone. Except, maybe, the heating up of the phone.

T-Mobile G3
    11-07-2014 02:21 AM