I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this. My G3 is about two months old and I'm using the SD card I've used for the last two or three phones, so it is a couple of years old at lest. Here in the last couple of weeks occasionally when I go into my camera it asks if I want to save the pictures to the SD card, which is something I set up back when I got the phone. On the music widget it will also ask me to pick which album I want to listen to even if I was listening to something earlier in the day.

I'm not sure if this is my SD messing up or the G3 forgetting the SD card is inserted momentarily. I don't have another SD card right now to try to swap.

Anyone got any ideas or experiences with this?
    11-05-2014 09:41 AM
    I don't have the phone myself, but my first impression is a card that is showing it's age. I would strongly suggest to make a backup while it is still responsive, and try a new one.
    Broncho likes this.
    11-05-2014 09:46 AM
    Yeah, that was what I was leaning toward but before I spent the money on a new card since I don't have a spare right now I thought I should ask and make sure it wasn't a device problem.
    11-05-2014 10:04 AM
    Mine does the same and I have a brand new, functional sd card.....
    11-05-2014 11:28 AM
    I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this. My G3 is about two months old and I'm using the SD card I've used for the last two or three phones, so it is a couple of years old at lest. Here in the last couple of weeks occasionally when I go into my camera it asks if I want to save the pictures to the SD card, which is something I set up back when I got the phone. On the music widget it will also ask me to pick which album I want to listen to even if I was listening to something earlier in the day.

I'm not sure if this is my SD messing up or the G3 forgetting the SD card is inserted momentarily. I don't have another SD card right now to try to swap.

Anyone got any ideas or experiences with this?
    I def don't have these issues with my G3. I have a Sandisk 64gb class 10 which I also used in my Samsung S3. Which sd card do you have by the way?
    11-05-2014 12:00 PM
    Yeah, I was trying to keep from having to dig it out to double check but it is a SanDisk Ultra 32 GB. Pretty sure it is a class 10. I used it previously on an HTC Evo 4G LTE and possibly on the Evo 3D before that, but I don't remember for sure when I bought it. It is at least a year old maybe as many as 4.
    11-05-2014 12:22 PM
    I've not had this happen with my G3 and almost new card. It sounds like perhaps the card isn't seated correctly, or the contacts are dirty, and it's intermittently dismounting and remounting. That's just a guess.
    11-05-2014 07:23 PM
    I tried re-seating after the first couple of times it happened and everything was fine for a week or two and then it did it again earlier this week. I pulled the case off and re-seated the card again and it has been fine. The contacts on the card look fine but obviously I can't check the contacts on the phone.

Looks like I need to keep an eye out for a sale on a new 32 GB card and see if that helps. I'll let yall know if I ever figure it out.
    11-06-2014 09:26 AM
    I got rid of my 64gig SD card. I was having problems. Apps on SD wouldn't work, basically lots of problems. I ditched the card. 16 gigs ample for me, I don't do games, just usual apps and music. I have 290 apps plus about 35 albums, still 3 gigs left.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-07-2014 09:07 AM
    I just looked and I'm using about 21 GB on my card, although some of that is apps off my pre-KitKat devices that I could probably delete. Since I've got a 32 GB G3 I could try that but I prefer having the SD card knowing that it can die at any time. I just would rather not spend money on something that isn't needed, i.e. buy a new card if the one I have is fine and it is a problem with the phone. If it is dying then I've got no problem replacing it.
    11-07-2014 10:32 AM
    Not to thread dig but I just realized I never came back to this in case anyone else has a similar problem. I did switch my sd card and that has solved the problems so far.
    02-10-2015 02:45 PM