I have lost two SD cards recently, both Kingston class 10 brand, 32gb and 16gb. G3 just didn't recognize them any more and when I plug them in my PC, they don't show up. They are fried for good so it seems. Of course this could be just a coincidence but who knows...
    I'm aware of all the little problems with cards but usually it's just corrupted files, in my case cards are 100% dead.
    Anyone else having this? Or is it just bad luck.
    I store my music and camera photos to card, nothing else.
    11-07-2014 01:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where are you getting your cards? If they're from some independent eBay seller or someone like that, then I'd suspect counterfeit cards.
    11-07-2014 10:14 PM
    I got a 64gb SanDisk Extreme Pro in mine since day 1 and haven't experienced any issues. I got it at Best Buy for $35, originally $89 and it's been great. Really fast and couldn't tell the difference from this and internal memory.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DM1...cUvbUpU4036398

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2014 12:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Where are you getting your cards? If they're from some independent eBay seller or someone like that, then I'd suspect counterfeit cards.
    Hi,
    I bought them from a local department store and I'm sure they are legit.
    11-08-2014 01:32 AM
    Do you ever remove the SD cards from the phone without unmounting them first in Settings>Storage? That might corrupt a card, if the phone was in the middle of writing something.
    11-08-2014 10:35 AM
    Don't remove the cards from the phone and put them in a computer.
    A sudden unclean removal can kill the card.
    Just move files via USB and the phone as a media device.
    I have a 128GB card that works great.
    11-08-2014 10:17 PM
    Do you ever remove the SD cards from the phone without unmounting them first in Settings>Storage? That might corrupt a card, if the phone was in the middle of writing something.
    Don't remove the cards from the phone and put them in a computer.
    A sudden unclean removal can kill the card.
    Just move files via USB and the phone as a media device.
    I have a 128GB card that works great.
    I have never removed the cards from the phone, they just died all of a sudden for some reason. I can't figure out why, all I have done is normal phone usage. The phone has been working just flawlessly without any freezes or reboots.
    11-09-2014 12:39 AM
    This kind of thing is known to happen, although it seems like it's more common in Samsung devices. Not sure why it happens, though--could be a glitch in the firmware. It might be worth contacting LG to see if they would be willing to send a replacement under warranty.
    11-09-2014 12:54 AM
    Put those non working SD card into a USB reader. Download PhotoRec onto computer (Google search PhotoRec, it's combined with TestDisk program as well). The interface is not the best as it runs in a DOS window, but it may recover some files. Right click on .exe file and select Run as Administrator.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2014 11:09 AM