ATT G3-Some MMS won't download

dwade62

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It seems to happen if someone with an Iphone sends me pictures. I get the little icon that says "Download", instead of the picture. I hit the Download icon, it says Downloading, but reverts back to the Download button.

I use Handcent, but tried the stock messaging app too. The stock app won't open them either. I recently tried Textra, and it seems to open them, but I've used Handcet for yers and prefer to stay with it if I can.

I've tried opening them with Wifi both on and off in Handcent and stock, and still get the same results.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Andy Bredemeyer

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Some MMS won't download

Who is your carrier? I have this problem and I'm on T-Mobile. Not sure the texting app is to blame. T-Mobile forums exist with people complaining about this, and supposed T-Mobile admissions that their network may be responsible.

conedude13

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site

i'm seeing the same thing on t-mobile, but with group messages instead of pictures and is from other android users or iphone users.

All issues i've seen is with the default messaging app. I've since moved to textra and haven't seen any issues. Does the default messaging app stink that much?

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I don't remember having a problem before, but it seems my chomp sms no longer sends mms texts on wifi. You can never win with texting.

T-Mobile G3

bigdave757

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site

Some messaging apps have a t-mobile fix. This is an older version of go sms

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6595.jpg
    6595.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 12