LGVS985 in bootloop following Verizon OTA Update

lantern212

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Let me start by saying that my phone is unrooted and for the most part, vanilla. I am not using another launcher (Apex is installed as the google play store synced my old apps with it, but not running).

I've been actively putting off the most recent VZW OTA update since I was first prompted for it last week (I never want to be in that first group for updates as I want to be sure of what the results might be). Unfortunately the update completed one night when I was asleep. Starting yesterday morning, my phone shut off and then restarted, then immediately restarted when getting to the lock screen - then again, then again. A certified bootloop.

I went to the local VZW store yesterday and they did a soft reset. I asked what would prevent this from happening again and they didn't have an answer to that. I quickly discovered that if I kept my phone idle or only for phone calls, it was fine. Doing something active (scrolling through baconreader, playing with spotify) caused another reboot. I effectively have no phone and I hesitate to do anything that will cause more damage.

Does anyone here have a potential diagnosis or fix?

lantern212

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for that quick response, KeepItReal!

Unfortunately it seems that factory reset (via the setting menu) didn't solve my issue as it started again almost immediately. Is there a possible rollback or default image available to install from entering Dload mode after doing a hard reset?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for that quick response, KeepItReal!

Unfortunately it seems that factory reset (via the setting menu) didn't solve my issue as it started again almost immediately. Is there a possible rollback or default image available to install from entering Dload mode after doing a hard reset?

Do the reset from the recovery screen. Hold the power button and volume down until you see it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital