163.99MB update today on my AT&T LG G3?

TJWINS

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
First thing I tried testing... the on-screen buttons... specifically the task-switching button... I hate that you press the task-switch to see all your apps and often it shows nothing and you have to hit it a second time or exit and go back into it to see all the apps running. Well, I've done it a few times and looks to be fixed. Anyone else notice?

I hate when it does that too but unfortunately it is still acting up on my G3 after the update :(

Posted via the Android Central App

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The update changed my Build number from 10d to 10f.

I haven't noticed any changes. My camera still crashes when I try to zoom using video. My recent apps also still require three taps.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

Tater Tots

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
On an unrelated note, would you guys recommend a G3 instead of an Nexus 6? The physical size is a key factor because i have little relatively small hands.

TJWINS

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
On an unrelated note, would you guys recommend a G3 instead of an Nexus 6? The physical size is a key factor because i have little relatively small hands.

I used to own a Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone and as much as I loved the 6 inch screen I really missed the one handed operation of a smaller phone. The reason I chose the G3 other than the fact that it has amazing specs is that I could get a large screen and still make out with one handed operation. It's a stretch but I can do almost everything with one hand on this phone yet I still get a 5.5" screen. It's the best of both worlds really. If you have small hands then I would go with the G3 plus you would save a little money too.

Tater Tots

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I used to own a Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone and as much as I loved the 6 inch screen I really missed the one handed operation of a smaller phone. The reason I chose the G3 other than the fact that it has amazing specs is that I could get a large screen and still make out with one handed operation. It's a stretch but I can do almost everything with one hand on this phone yet I still get a 5.5" screen. It's the best of both worlds really. If you have small hands then I would go with the G3 plus you would save a little money too.

Exactly why I'm thinking of getting it, best of both worlds.

jcamson

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
This is my first Android phone and I'm rooted. Forgot that was a no no and tried to update which obviously didn't work. Is it likely I'm now blacklisted or something and will have issues with future updates?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
This is my first Android phone and I'm rooted. Forgot that was a no no and tried to update which obviously didn't work. Is it likely I'm now blacklisted or something and will have issues with future updates?

I am interested in this as well. My G3 is rooted and Lollipop is coming. Am I **** out of luck?

nickc122

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Is it likely I'm now blacklisted or something and will have issues with future updates?

Mine keeps trying to push the update so I'm clearly not blacklisted, but it still won't update with root access. I'm looking for some tips too. Should I unroot and attempt to reroot after the update? Is there just some way to hide it? Most importantly, how will this impact my Lollipop update?

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Unless my phone just glitched last night, the incredibly annoying full charge notification is gone! That was one of my biggest complaints about the G3.

*****EDIT*****
Sorry everyone. I was mistaken. If didn't beep at all last night, but when I threw the phone on the charger today, it started with the infernal beeping again.

Last edited:

RiderX7

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey Ya'll Here's what the new update to the ATT G3 does:

What's new for the LG G3:
"No power on" Fix via Qualcomms patch
GMS (Google Mobile Service) update
Google Security Patches
Stability improvements
Mobile TV 6.0
Skyfire Toolbar removal

Source: AT&T & The Verge

It's not Lollipop sadly, but I'd like to keep my mods, root, and unlocked bootloader for now until we have verified mods,root, and boot unlock on Android L, which should arrive for D850 in a week or even a month?

XDA Troubleshooter Member

"We build to many walls and not enough bridges"

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hey Ya'll Here's what the new update to the ATT G3 does:

What's new for the LG G3:
"No power on" Fix via Qualcomms patch
GMS (Google Mobile Service) update
Google Security Patches
Stability improvements
Mobile TV 6.0
Skyfire Toolbar removal

Source: AT&T & The Verge

It's not Lollipop sadly, but I'd like to keep my mods, root, and unlocked bootloader for now until we have verified mods,root, and boot unlock on Android L, which should arrive for D850 in a week or even a month?

XDA Troubleshooter Member

"We build to many walls and not enough bridges"

Thanks appreciate it