LG G3: APN reverts to default after every restart - can't seem to change APN?

Rusty Blade

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. This is a problem that has me so frustrated! My phone is unlocked and my SIM card is with Virgin Australia who uses the Optus network so you need to use their APN settings for data and mms to work correctly.
My problem is that the default APN settings are the original Virgin ones and they are now useless.
Now I can add a new APN and save it BUT there is no option for me to use that new APN. ???
I have tried to delete the offending setting but then have no option to select ANY of my settings *see photo*
The only way around the problem at the moment is to go into the Virgin APN (default) and alter it and then save which works BUT as soon as I restart my phone, the APN goes back to "default" and not my altered version :( arghhhh!
= I can't change APN because there is no option (dot to tick) and I can't completely change the default APN to last through a restart. Please can anyone help me??

QuickMemo+_2014-11-14-14-19-29.jpg

My phone is an factory unlocked, stock standard LG G3 D855 16GB 4G LTE.

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2014-11-14-14-19-52.jpg
    QuickMemo+_2014-11-14-14-19-52.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 19

JenniFurGO

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I had the exact same problem.

I could add the new APN, but didn't have the option to select it. Until i decided to type "default" for APN type. See below.
On the Virgin mobile site it says you could type "internet or default" so I first went with internet. Which didn't work. Tried "default" and voila.
Hope it works for you.

Name: YESINTERNET
APN: YESINTERNET
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC:
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MMS Protocol (Android 2.1+): WAP 2.0