Your thoughts on this phone

Rourke24

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey, I really tempted by this phone, positive reviews but few slight issues, as all phones have I guess.

I currently have a nexus 5, and one issue for me not amazing battery or camera.

My regular usage is mp3 (stored on phone), social networks, sports pages, YouTube, email, text, calls.

How are you finding it battery wise on a normal day?

Posted via Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I also have a Nexus 5, and in fact am using it now. Overall a superb phone in my opinion. In respect of battery, I suppose the G3 gives about one third more use before I need to recharge.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
The battery usually lasted my full 10 hour work day with moderate use. Coming from an SGS3, it was quite an improvement. I just bought a 9,000mA extended battery and it lasts me ~2.5 days or so, and the camera holds up well for me.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had my g3 for about two weeks. Came from note 3. And love it

Yes the battery isn't the best but it's on pay with other high end phones.

And the camera I find is actually quite good.

Sent from my LG G3 via Tapatalk

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my g3 for about two weeks. Came from note 3. And love it

Yes the battery isn't the best but it's on pay with other high end phones.

And the camera I find is actually quite good.

How is the display quality in comparison to the Note 3? Do you notice anything substantially different?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
How is the display quality in comparison to the Note 3? Do you notice anything substantially different?
Well the g3 has the QHD display with higher ppi so, much sharper than the note 3. . But I tried out a note 4 for a week or so, and returned it. The note 4 display was amazing but was tired of Touchwiz and all the bloat.

I'm really liking my g3 alot.

Rourke24

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all for comments, greatly appreciated. I do like the removable battery and sd slot. I'm happy with size, would prefer 5.2in but I can survive with 5.5

Any must do tips etc? To make better experience? Battery life?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I like it, Because I also have a Nexus 5, and in fact am using it now. Overall a superb phone in my personal experience. In respect of battery, I suppose the G3 gives about one third more use before I need to recharge.

I would be coming from a N4. I am so used to stock Android now that I get frustrated on a Samsung in even just trying to understand the menus to find settings etc. Is the LG relatively simple in this regard and is there much bloatware from LG on it? My natural upgrade was supposed to have been N6 but not sure anymore.

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I would be coming from a N4. I am so used to stock Android now that I get frustrated on a Samsung in even just trying to understand the menus to find settings etc. Is the LG relatively simple in this regard and is there much bloatware from LG on it? My natural upgrade was supposed to have been N6 but not sure anymore.

I think you will love the G3, if you are okay with how it feels in hand. The N6 is a pretty large phone.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Love the G3. Battery life, not so great. Could not get it to last a whole day, factory reset, install apps one at a time to see if somebody had issues. Latest software update seems to have made a bigger difference, and it has improved slightly. Keep my screen at 30%. Got a little laggy after I just reinstalled SWYPE (my favorite keyboard, but may have to change). The other app I have not reinstalled was Verizon Messaging (my favorite text program) to see if that caused battery and or lagging issues. That will be my next experiment.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

I went from the nexus 4 to the nexus 5 to the g3 and I actually had a pretty good experience with it. I like their UI much more than touchwiz

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Love the G3. Battery life, not so great. Could not get it to last a whole day, factory reset, install apps one at a time to see if somebody had issues. Latest software update seems to have made a bigger difference, and it has improved slightly. Keep my screen at 30%. Got a little laggy after I just reinstalled SWYPE (my favorite keyboard, but may have to change). The other app I have not reinstalled was Verizon Messaging (my favorite text program) to see if that caused battery and or lagging issues. That will be my next experiment.

How do you like the signal strength in poor signal areas?

via AC App on VZW Moto X DE/N7

mostlywords

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I went from N5 to G3 for the same reasons: battery and camera. Was going on a long trip so I wanted something to take pictures with and that would last longer than the N5 did. I love the battery life. Moderate use, including bluetooth headset for about an hour to and from work, and I have 30% left when I go to bed. But I'm still torn: I love vanilla android, esp now with 5.0 out, so I might go back to my N5 for a bit and take a charger to work with me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital