I am not enamoured...

justguff

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong? I traded in my s5 for a g3 in July... The s5 was having issues with tmobile and i just wanted something that worked 100 percent. The LG does. Zero complaints. But i miss my S5. Nothing has gripped me with the g3...i feel like I am doing something wrong (or not doing something). Am I? Help? Anyone?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Perhaps the problem is that you've changed from one high-end device to another...not that much difference.
Perhaps also you know, but like many of us don't care to admit, that these toys are not meant to satisfy us and that there are infinitely more desirable things in life.

Posted via the Android Central App

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The once technological leaps are fewer and farther between.
There is only so much that can be done with the current technology.
Fingerprint scanners, flashing rings around the camera lens, heart rate sensors, curved screens, customizable backs, etc. all just bells and whistles to make up for a lack of real substance.
I saw an interesting video by MKB where he shares his thoughts of the perfect phone....the funny thing was he took various aspects of existing phones and technology to create this "perfect phone". The funny part? Well, he didn't introduce or suggest anything outside of what we already know and use. In other words, we can't even conceive of new technologies....Maybe indestructible, self healing screens, nan coatings to allow charging from the heat of your hand, a single clear piece of glass with projection technology (when turned on you activate your homepage....) are next?
So I think until that next really, truly big thing most of us will (possibly) simply be less enamored.
The G3 may in fact be the phone that I keep the longest simply because there isn't any other phone that does anything significantly better.
We had all been waiting for the One+, S5, iPhone6, MotoX, Nexus 6, Note 4.....well they're here and nothing really earth shattering with any of them.
I digress, going back to the Op's original thought; I can appreciate what he is saying.

justguff

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Apparently I caught a few of you in a crabby day... Or a grouchy one, at least. The g3 screen is supposed to be better, but if i use it as an alarm clock, the backlight makes the whole room glow. My s5 had "true black". The g3 has laser focus and all that, but the camera seems quite limited. Like I said, maybe I am missing something I also tend to think 120 he looks choppy on my newish TV. Technically, it's better, but it seems I am doing/not doing something. I guess I figured I would go to the experts. But if the solution is to quit whining, maybe I should just go to an iPhone?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Please forgive us, justguff. As BBSeattle suggests above, there really isn't anything better than the G3. On the other hand, there are other devices just as good which may be more to your liking....it's a matter of personal preference after all. Not everyone in this forum likes everything about the G3 so you're not alone.

Posted via Android Central App

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong? I traded in my s5 for a g3 in July... The s5 was having issues with tmobile and i just wanted something that worked 100 percent. The LG does. Zero complaints. But i miss my S5. Nothing has gripped me with the g3...i feel like I am doing something wrong (or not doing something). Am I? Help? Anyone?

Swappa, my friend. What are you waiting for? Go over and unload your G3 and move onto an iPhone or whatever. Good luck!

groin1

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm a former S3-S4 guy and I have to say that the G3 hasn't wowed me thus far. It was a lateral move from Samsung to LG a month into it

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan