Would a US G3 work in UK/Ireland?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of upgrading shortly from my G2 and the G3 is looking like the choice. In the UK however there only seems to be the 2Gb RAM version available and it isn't sold at all in Ireland. I could well be in the US early next year and would pick up the proper version if it'll work with a SIM here once I get it home.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I'm from Canada... I ended up ordering a G3 Europe model (855) 32/3gb from eBay. I ordered it 2 days ago and it is already on our soil awaiting processing by customs. The initial sticker price was okay for a sealed new unit. I won't know the surprise costs until customs is done with it.

I also won't know if my theoretical thinking will pan out until I actually have it in my hands... (Fed ex tracking says it is due to be delivered in the next 3 days.) But I wanted the Europe model because I had read that they are the most "factory like" ie. As LG made them without crippling features like FM radio or wireless charging and also without any carrier logos on the covers.

The specs for the phone at the seller's listing indicated all the cell bands it is compatible with and it should work with my carrier in Canada. As they say the proof is in the pudding though... so we'll see if this works out after I get it :)

Posted via the Android Central App

steveathome

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Padraic

I bought an LG G3 32Gb 3Gb RAM (D855 model) 5 days ago for £401 from a UK company who sourced it from France. Its unlocked and works perfectly. I would suggest this is the model you need for UK/Ireland as I'm not sure if all the LTE bands are covered by the US model.

Posted via the Android Central App

frederick001

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I used my unlocked AT&T version (D850) in UK back in October, using Giff Gaff, which operates on the O2 network. I had mainly 4G in London and 3G/EDGE/GPRS outside London.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt