How is the battery life? G3

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
For me, it's impressive. Better than my Lumia 1020, and my Nexus 5 on Kitkat. I've just been updated to Lollipop on the Nexus yesterday so can't compare with that yet.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Way better than my Galaxy S3 (but of course, I would hope so!).
I tested it out, unplugged it yesterday morning at 6:30 am and left it unplugged all day and through the night. When I woke up this morning at 5:30, it was still at 54%. I brought it to work and around 10:30 am it still had about 37%. I plugged it in then because I was anticipating being out at lunch time and using the GPS. I'm pretty sure I could have made it home before needing to charge it from single digits (maybe around 6 or 6:30 pm).

This isn't heavy use, but it involved frequent on/off, checking emails, texting, a handful of calls, Android Central, some Google Now action, some web browsing, Facebook and a few rounds of Words With Friends...basically an average day for me. I did turn off wifi and GPS at work, which I'm sure helped.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
My LG G3 was born yesterday. Took it off the charger around 3 am today. I have had the GPS on the whole time. (But I haven't used Waze or Maps). Been fooling with the phone more than I normally do with my HTC One all day. Battery is still at 70%!!! My HTC One (M7) would have been down to 40% or less by now with GPS off. As expected, the highest user is the screen-on time. No YouTube, no music streaming, no radio, just texts, emails, weather camera and other apps. Long time user of HTC phones, newbie to LG, but I feel confident the battery is adequate.

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been on for almost 14 hrs. Moderate usage I would say. At 49% right now. I have zero complaints. Battery life has been great for me. I have had the phone since the beginning of August.

Posted via the Android Central App

ShAdoWSKy

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
My experience: it's good. Not great but still good. I get about 4 hours and 30 minutes of screen on time which is plenty for me.

lol2323

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
For me, it's impressive. Better than my Lumia 1020, and my Nexus 5 on Kitkat. I've just been updated to Lollipop on the Nexus yesterday so can't compare with that yet.

I tested it out, unplugged it yesterday morning at 6:30 am and left it unplugged all day and through the night. When I woke up this morning at 5:30, it was still at 54%. I brought it to work and around 10:30 am it still had about 37%. I plugged it in then because I was anticipating being out at lunch time and using the GPS. I'm pretty sure I could have made it home before needing to charge it from single digits (maybe around 6 or 6:30 pm).

This isn't heavy use, but it involved frequent on/off, checking emails, texting, a handful of calls, Android Central, some Google Now action, some web browsing, Facebook and a few rounds of Words With Friends...basically an average day for me. I did turn off wifi and GPS at work, which I'm sure helped.

My LG G3 was born yesterday. Took it off the charger around 3 am today. I have had the GPS on the whole time. (But I haven't used Waze or Maps). Been fooling with the phone more than I normally do with my HTC One all day. Battery is still at 70%!!! My HTC One (M7) would have been down to 40% or less by now with GPS off. As expected, the highest user is the screen-on time. No YouTube, no music streaming, no radio, just texts, emails, weather camera and other apps. Long time user of HTC phones, newbie to LG, but I feel confident the battery is adequate.

Mine has been on for almost 14 hrs. Moderate usage I would say. At 49% right now. I have zero complaints. Battery life has been great for me. I have had the phone since the beginning of August.

I've been getting about 18 hours a day with moderate use.

My honesty: mediocre performance. It did get better with the last update.

My experience: it's good. Not great but still good. I get about 4 hours and 30 minutes of screen on time which is plenty for me.

And how much time each one of you own this phone? Cuse I heard the battery preformed bad after some time...is it true?

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
And how much time each one of you own this phone? Cuse I heard the battery preformed bad after some time...is it true?

I've had the LG G3 for about 3+ months now, and for me the battery is good. I leave home with 100% and after a day's full of work it's down to 25-30%. I have my wifi and bluetooth always on, auto brightness set at 35%, I stream music to my car while driving to/from work for about an hour. Then I watch shows for a good 45mins-1.5hrs using 4G/LTE, then throw in the usual email, surf, txts and calls. I say that's pretty good but of course YMMV since each usage is different for every person.

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
For the first charge, I was very dismayed to see the phone have such poor performance. Subsequent charges have been a night and day improvement. With reasonable use I have gotten at least 20 hours, if not more.

lol2323

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I've been getting about 18 hours a day with moderate use.

My honesty: mediocre performance. It did get better with the last update.

I've had the LG G3 for about 3+ months now, and for me the battery is good. I leave home with 100% and after a day's full of work it's down to 25-30%. I have my wifi and bluetooth always on, auto brightness set at 35%, I stream music to my car while driving to/from work for about an hour. Then I watch shows for a good 45mins-1.5hrs using 4G/LTE, then throw in the usual email, surf, txts and calls. I say that's pretty good but of course YMMV since each usage is different for every person.

What is the maximum brightness I should use if I want good battery?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What is the maximum brightness I should use if I want good battery?

It depends on what you mean by 'good'. Rather than aiming at the best battery life, I just aim at enjoying the experience of using the G3. With texts, a low brightness setting is enough....with images such as YouTube clips, you'd want to use a higher brightness setting, or your enjoyment is marred.

jimijames

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
This is my 2nd week with g3 and I'm easily getting 17-24 hours, 3-5 hrs screen on time, streaming on WiFi and lte, email, etc, 85% baseline screen brightness. That's more than good enough for me.

Screen shots from my first full charge.

Attachments

• 369.jpg
    369.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 371.jpg
    371.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 159

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had mine 5 days. A first I thought the battery was poor (I was playing with it a lot) I switched to ART and seems better now but yesterday it was running down at a rate of about 2% every 5 mins. I charged it last night and restarted it and seems way better today. Must have been a rogue app.

I'm hoping it settles down as my nexus 4 had poor battery and that really frustrated me.