No Google services after Clean Master with root privileges

conedude13

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,
Just figured I would post here and see if I get a response while I attempt to re-install my OS to attempt to fix my issue.

The issue:
I have a rooted G3 on T-Mobile and a fellow android buddy of mine was sitting next to me in a meeting one day and told me I should get Clean Master to free up some space. So I did. During the install it asked for root permissions in a pop-up and I quickly hit ok without thinking. After running the program I noticed several problems:
- Can't sync Google calendar
- When accepting a calendar invite, it would launch the native browser instead of the native calendar app
- After launching the Google play store, I am presented with the following error: "Unable to connect."
- After several failed attempts to force a sync with the Google services, I remove my Gmail account from the device in an attempt to re-authorize it.
- The error I get when attempted to add a Google account: "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server. ..."

Attempted fixes:
- Re-installed the Google play store app.
- Cleared several caches from several app.

I think I just need to restore some sort of network setting associated to Google, but I have know idea if that would work. I was just going to start looking for good ROMs to install in hopes of fixing what is busted. I'm rooted, so I would like to be able to be rooted once everything is all reinstalled.

Just wondering if anyone knew of what I need to re-install or tweak to correct connected to Google services. I can also just factory reset, but, again, I am unsure if that will fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

conedude13

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
All done.

I did the KDZ "normal flash" method to prevent any loss of data on the phone. It looks like my root is gone, but I am once again able to communicate to Google! Whee!!

Please feel free to ask questions! I can't post any links yet, but I should be able to DM them to you.

Check ya laters!!