G3 audio quality diminishes when camera is zoomed

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I went to a concert Saturday night and when I got home I downloaded the three videos I shot and noticed that once recording started the audio was ok but as I zoomed the camera a little the audio got very muffled. Or when the camera was trying to focus and the picture was slightly blurry the audio was bad.

What could be causing this? So far I haven't really been pleased with the audio quality in general.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How were you zooming? By using pinch gestures, or by using the volume buttons? If you were using the buttons, I'd wonder if you were temporarily obscuring the mic while manipulating them. Although that wouldn't explain why the audio is poor when the camera is trying to focus.

Have you tried any other camera apps? If the problem persists, it may be worth contacting LG (or your wireless store) for a replacement.

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
How were you zooming? By using pinch gestures, or by using the volume buttons? If you were using the buttons, I'd wonder if you were temporarily obscuring the mic while manipulating them. Although that wouldn't explain why the audio is poor when the camera is trying to focus.

Have you tried any other camera apps? If the problem persists, it may be worth contacting LG (or your wireless store) for a replacement.

I always zoom by pinching and I hold it only by the edges.

I haven't tried any camera apps yet. That's what I was wondering if there was any kind of app that I need to get to improve that type of filming?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Now that I think about it, my guess is you won't be able to find other apps that work. Most 3rd party camera apps are for still shots, not videos.

It sounds like some kind of glitch in the software. Does it persist after a reboot?

Jezza819

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Now that I think about it, my guess is you won't be able to find other apps that work. Most 3rd party camera apps are for still shots, not videos.

It sounds like some kind of glitch in the software. Does it persist after a reboot?

Reboot as in just powering it off and on? Because I did have to do that a few weeks ago to get the GPS to reset. I've only been to two concerts in the last month but on both occasions there is a muffling of the audio when it looks like the camera is trying to focus. Now before the power off and on I went to a car race but you can't really tell anything about the audio quality when you have multiple screaming race cars in the clips.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, by reboot I mean a full power down, then power back up again (as opposed to a factory data reset or simply putting the phone to sleep).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo