G3 Locks up on occasion

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Had my G3 for about 4 months now. Everything has work great, no lag, no issues.

Now, over the last 3 weeks or so, about twice a week, the phone will lock up and only a battery pull will fix it.

Some time it is when it wakes, sometimes it is just going from one screen to another. Doesn't seem to happen consistently.

Phone is all stock, T-Mobile.

Happened again last night and I let it sit. After 10 minutes or so, it went to the T-Moble "start" screen. When I got up this morning, it was still on that screen, had to pull the battery.

This time, while I had the battery out I cleaned the SIM contacts (we shall see if that makes a difference)

Has anyone else seen this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a G3, but you may want to unmount and remove the SD card (if applicable). A corrupt SD card could cause various kinds of misbehavior.

Also, consider booting into Safe Mode, and let it run for a while that way. If the freezes still occur, then it might be a firmware or hardware issue. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11934

RumpRoast

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Are you by chance running ART? I had hard lock issues while running ART and had to revert back to davlik.

Posted via Android Central App

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Now that you mention it, i am running ART now. .

I will put it back and see if that solves the problem

Posted via the Android Central App

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Switched back to Dalik and it seems to be working fine so far. . 2 days without a lock up.

Posted via the Android Central App