Anyone know of a good case to use that won't interfere with qi charging? I have a tpu case now but would like something that offers a little more protection.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-30-2014 08:16 AM
    Damn, I guess I'm that only one that wants more protective case than tpu with wireless charging!

12-01-2014 08:32 AM
    Bump, I'm interested in finding a rugged case that supports qi wireless charging and nfc. I want find something that has a good grip and protects.

Sent from my LG G3 on T-Mobile
    02-27-2015 10:40 PM
    I liked the Spigen Slim Armour, but it did make wireless charging slow on Nokia charger, and not work at all on LG charger.

Ended up going naked with tempered glass for the screen, as I love the thin edges as they are.
    02-28-2015 01:48 AM
    How did you get the qi wireless charging? I got the tmobile g3

02-28-2015 02:24 AM
    Incipio DualPro case has worked well for me. Good protection, good grip, and nfc and wireless charging work great!

02-28-2015 03:18 AM
    Does that case have qi and nfc antennae built in it

02-28-2015 03:34 AM
    My phone doesn't have the qi wireless antenna

02-28-2015 03:38 AM
    Does that case have qi and nfc antennae built in it

No, the Verizon G3 doesn't have wireless charging on its own. I purchased the replacement back cover that supports wireless. The Incipio case then just goes over that.

02-28-2015 01:01 PM
    The maximum range of the current Qi chargers is only about 7 - 10 mm (and 10 is stretching it). And that includes the thickness of the original phone back, the thickness of the plastic case on the charger, and any air gap between the coils in the phone and charger.

In other words, if the coil is inside the phone, you're not likely to get wireless charging to work through a thick case. There are Qi coils that are designed to stick to the inside of a case, and connect to the phone through the micro-USB port. Those might work, but then you pretty much have to remove the case and connector if you want to connect the phone to a computer.

There is an updated Qi standard now that allows for more power, and therefor greater distance between the two coils. I don't know how soon we'll see devices that meet that standard, though.
    02-28-2015 04:39 PM
    My phone doesn't have the qi wireless antenna

Ah, well in that case maybe an official solution might be better.

Not rugged by any stretch, but a nice balance between edge protection and slimness:

LG G3 OEM Slim Guard Case - My Review | LG G3 | XDA Forums

Just need to check the connections, as Korean and International inexplicably have slightly different qi/nfc contacts
    02-28-2015 05:41 PM