LG G3: Why won't my PC recognize my phone?

Sometimes_Nerdy

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the LG G3 recently and switched over from a lenovo phone. Didnt think i'd have any problems but ive been trying to get the stupid phone to connect to my laptop for the past 2 hours and nothing's working and at this point im extremely frustrated and tried.

things to consider:
already have PC suite.
already installed the drivers at least 3 different times.
restarted PC after installing drivers.

Whenever I open LG PC Suite and look for devices it says no devices found and tells me i might need to reinstall driver, whenever i click on reinstall driver it says LG USB driver not found after which i click the reinstall button. after that a windows notification asking to authorization may or may not appear. Iv'e done this same thing over 10 times already (reinstalling driver through PC Suite) and every time after i reinstall through PC suite it says the same thing no usb driver found again also when the waiting animation for the reinstall driver finishes i dont get any message it just goes to the main screen for the PC suite which in this case is the music panel on the program.

Also: My USB ports are completely fine.
I tried this on a different laptop as well and it gave me the same error.

Someone please help me asap and any input would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sometimes_Nerdy

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I used the old USB cord from my lenovo and it still didnt work. I dont even get the notification on the phone to choose which mode i want to put it in so the phone doesn't recognize connection to a laptop either.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you have access to a friends computer or a different computer to try it out on? At least then got something to go from, possibly a hardware issue on the phone. Wondering if one of the pins in the USB connection was damaged or just not functioning to complete the data connection.

rjf111

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I use Amazon file manager to do wireless transfers between the phone and the computer. It picks up your PC network and finds your shared folders -- then copy and paste files to your folders on the phone (and vice versa).

Kvothe Bloodless

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I am having this issue as well. I appreciate that everyone is trying to offer alternative programs, but I was not able to actually manage the files on my phone via my PC BEFORE installing the suite. You can simply plug your LG G3 into your computer and set it to MTP Media Sync and pull up the file explorer for the phone via Windows. I can do this, with or without the suite, however, when I try to move files, I get a window that says, <Phone Name> is busy. Please wait. After about 5 minutes, it gives me an error saying, <File> could not be moved/copied/deleted/etc.

JohnASmith

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 LG G3 phones. Both have always connected to my PC but suddenly one refuses to. It makes all the right sounds but doesn't display in "My Computer" so I can't open folders. Both have the same OS Android 5.01. They do have some app variations so possibly one of them is causing issues. Has anyone figured this one out?

Lithoguy

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I was having the same issue. After messing around a bit I first downloaded USB drivers from the LG website. 2) I then plugged my phone into the computer. then I messed with the USB tethering option in the settings in phone. I had to turn it on a couple of times and then wha la! the computer finally recognized the phone. I had to try this a couple of times but it finally worked. The phone wants to shut off the USB tethering for some reason. Maybe that is why the computer is not recognizing the phone.
I hope this helps.

the Core

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Did you try to (re-)install the USB Drivers (Windows/Mac)?

Also, make sure your USB connection type is set to MTP (media device) and the device is unlocked (enter your (knock) code).

Even if the phone is turned off, Windows will make a sound if you connect the phone. That's just to tell something is connected. Your phone will probably charge then.

For the ones like JohnASmith, you could try upgrading your phone to Marsmallow this way:
  1. turn off your phone
  2. keep holding the [volume up] button
  3. connect the phone to the computer with a USB cable
  4. After it has entered download mode, release the button
  5. Open LG PC Suite
  6. Go to "restore upgrade errors" in the menu bar
  7. Wait for an hour or so

Cor

yassineabd

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Actually it seem that they want to do the same as Apple by blocking the ineterface wish is dum since they dont have something else!
Installing USB ect will not change anything its a software related prob it just cant comunicate anymore and from few years company have been really bad doin update and ******* up the OS on smart phone! Industry pressur obligation and mistaken priorities so finally not much to do about it! Since nowadays Android act like Apple you actually have no way to deal with the bad programing! Soooo nope thats just **** like evertything else now goin out on a profit first market!

Zuhaib Abid

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
Heres and simple way. That worked for me.
Go to LG form and find your device. then install lg drivers.
After installing drivers, it will automatically showing your drivers.

Dale E Hayes

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Tethering
Use Tethering to share your device’s Internet connection with a computer that connects to your device via USB tethering, Wi-Fi hotspot or by Bluetooth.

Tap home key > Tools tools app icon > Settings settings app icon > Networks tab > Tethering.
Select a tethering option: USB tethering, Wi-Fi hotspot or Bluetooth tethering.
USB tethering: Allows other devices to connect to your phone via USB cable.
Wi-Fi hotspot: Allows other devices to connect to your phone via Wi-Fi.
Bluetooth: Pair your phone with the other device via Bluetooth.

QQQ3838

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi Cor,
My G3 was working well one month ago. Yesterday I use the USB Cable to connect to the PC LG Suite and it can not find the G3, I try re-install driver and reinstall the LG PC Suite and even reset the G3 to the factory setting, non was be able to find the G3 via USB cable. But it can use the Wifi connection. I try your suggesting by holding the volume uo button and then connect the USB cable, all I get is the battery charging logo and nothing else. I think the USB driver on the phone is gone.
Then even worst, after reset the phone and now can not upgrade to the new software and the error message as bellow;
This drvise is suspectrf inrooting, software upgrade is not available for rooting devise Err: 0X1125000.
Can any one give suggestions on how to fix this problem?
Thanks.

twofirstnames

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
New Cable Worked!

Using a different cable worked for me!

I tried many other, more complicated things but it turns out the cable I was using was bad. Probably some cheap aftermarket thing that works with charging but not with syncing.

After using a different cable, the PC and phone immediately acknowledged each other, and the phone instructed me to install new drivers for the PC. Did a few rounds of this and now everything works as it should.

Strange that a certain cable can charge but not sync....