New owner with questions

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, took advantage of black Friday and nabbed a G3. I have a couple questions though:

Moving from my Note 2 to this, so far I haven't really been blown away besides for the camera. The radio seems to be weaker than my N2, where I use to get 4g in my home it comes and goes with the G3. Im hoping battery life will be better on this than the note 2. So far I like the knock on feature.

When I plug a usb into the phone nothing comes up like it use to with my N2, like to move files or other things from the phone to usb, do I need to do something specific? I've enabled dev options. Whats weird tho is when I remove the usb, it get the normal error "usb storage unexpectedly removed"

I changed the runtime from Dalvik to ART, and it was horrible, the phone froze 3 times in the 30 minutes I had it, switched it back to dalvik and its running ok now, suggestions on that?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the G3 forum. :)

I've just looked up the Note 2....267ppi. Surely you must notice a difference between that and the G3's 538ppi?

The G3 is generally acknowledged to have a weaker radio than some other phones.

If you decide to switch to ART, I believe, from what others have posted, that there tend to be problems at first, settling down after a few days.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply....forum is kinda dead, especially for a pretty new phone. I do notice the screen is crisper than the note. I'm hoping the radio will get better with time, if it can't keep a solid signal that a 2 year old phone can then I'll have to sell it. I may try switching back to art after I get all my apps downloaded. I'm eager to see lollipop

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Think I figured out my usb issues. That particular flash drive (SanDisk dual sub) which is awesome btw, needed to be reformatted before the phone was able to see it

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Bosgarage and Inders: I've been in this forum since just before the G3 became readily available anywhere much outside of South Korea. How excited we all were then. What speculation there was, and how eager we were to get the impressions of the very few owners who posted here....only two or three in the early days. Then as the device became progressively available in different parts of the world, this became a very active forum. I have fond memories of it. I noticed similar activity in the Note 4 forum when I looked in there recently. It is quieter here now, yes, but hopefully the experience and knowledge that now reside here will be of benefit to you. Enjoy what is still a fantastic device! 😊

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

joebloggs13

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I also think that this forum is quieter these days because the g3 is proving to be a reliable performer, with few issues arising from either the phone's hardware or software. I am very happy with kitkat and have switched off my automatic update function. I am going to wait and see if, first there are no major glitches, and secondly that there is actually something that will make me want to update. I am very happy with the phones performance right now. If it ain't broke....

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
This phone is 6 months old. People have gone from talking about it to using it. In technology terms (especially cellphones), that's quickly becoming "old".

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My G3 is running ART with no stutter but don't see that much difference from dalvik. The radios in the G3 are way better than my S5, but that might be because I switched from Sprint to T-Mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been here a few months and I think the biggest surprise to me has been how many people switched from the iPhone to get the G3. I think it's created some fun dialogue.

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been here a few months and I think the biggest surprise to me has been how many people switched from the iPhone to get the G3. I think it's created some fun dialogue.

That is so true, I'm one of them, and I considered all Android devices and the G3 stood out among all.

bcbbanga4l

Q&A Team
Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got the g3 too coming from a g2. I see amazing differences. Stayed with same carrier (Sprint). The radio is a lot better than previous phone battery life so far is awesome and screen looks beautiful.

Bosgarage57

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
My major reason for wanting L is sd card write privileges again. Course w 32th on this phone it's not a huge pain, but stil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34