Tap to speak question

Jos P1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a few apps that use speech to txt, such as trillian for example. Right now to open that, I have to hold the gear icon to the left of the space bar on the keypad every time I want to bring it up. Is there a way to make the speak icon as the default one instead of having to hold the gear icon down every time I want to bring it up? Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, when you are in a text box, select GOOGLE VOICE TYPING as your default input method. That way only voice dictation will come up when you are trying to input text.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When you start typing you should see a keyboard icon show up in your notification bar, and the expanded version says SELECT INPUT METHOD. Which options do you have there?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ooooh, I was totally misunderstanding what you wanted. Sorry about that.

In Samsung phones that icon changes to the last option you used (so if you used settings, the gear would appear the next time... if you used voice recognition, the microphone would show up). In LG stock keyboard, however, I don't know if that's possible.

If installing a different keyboard is an option, I'd recommend you try SwiftKey. That does give you the option of having a dedicated voice-to-text button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown