Why is my sound turning off on my navigation?

goldrush28

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Sound in navigation problem

I have a problem with google maps navigation on my LG G3 using Verizon wireless. When I start navigation, the first direction is clearly given both verbally and visually. From then on, the directions visually are flawless but there are no more audio directions. It's like the sound gets turned off. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions/ Thanks, Art

goldrush28

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Sound in navigation problem

No, I leave Bluetooth on because when I get in the car my calls come through it. Ya think that's the problem? If so, how do I use navigation and Bluetooth together. Thanks for your reply by the way. Art

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
No, I leave Bluetooth on because when I get in the car my calls come through it. Ya think that's the problem? If so, how do I use navigation and Bluetooth together. Thanks for your reply by the way. Art

There is an option under the Bluetooth settings where you can specify as to which one will it use when you're on call vs just audio alone. Mine works fine and I have 2 Bluetooth devices setup in my car. One is for calls and the other is music.

Yours sounds like it's all going via calls that's why the volume is low/gone.

lucids

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site

Hmm this could be a tricky one and might be an issue with the phone or more the Bluetooth car kit itself. I don't have the G3 myself yet so can't test this but have come across the exact same issue previously with several phones. The last time this happened the issue was down to the bluetooth car kit and its firmware and how that worked with the navigation software.

In Android phones in the bluetooth settings area you should have a list of paired devices, one of which will be your BT car kit. Next to it could be a settings icon to access the next menu, sometimes a long press is needed. In there is the BT profile setting, make sure that both phone audio and media audio is enabled if available. I can't be more specific as I haven't the G3 but that is how it is on other android phones.

Then you're going to have to go through every level of setting on your car kit in fine detail along with the instructions to check if there is a setting available to enable BT audio from media/navigation. I have the Bury 9068 and did all this and it still didn't work. The issue was that the kit mutes the phone as standard when connecting BT but it was not accepting the audio from the Nav software. In the end after contacting Bury they updated their firmware and after updating my unit the Nav audio then worked properly.

Hope this info helps you get to the bottom of it and find the issue with your particular combination of phone and kit.

EDIT
Also you should check as to whether your car kit supports the LG G3 A2DP protocol used in the phone. I just checked on the Bury site and it doesn't support A2DP on the G3 while it does on nearly every other modern smart phone. Not sure as to why as yet, if its something about the way the G3 uses A2DP but thats something you may need to look at also,

Last edited:

goldrush28

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

Thanks people, I really appreciate your trying to help. I'm befuddled. Well, in the BT settings on the G3, both the audio and media ARE enabled. I'll try to get into the car BT settings this weekend and see what I can find. The strange part is that when I first start navigation, the first instructions DO verbally come through. It comes through the phone not the car speakers, which is O.K. with me. After that first instruction is when it goes mute. Visual directions continue flawlessly. Thanks again for the help so far.

goldrush28

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

O.K., under my BT settings I left the phone checked and UN-checked the media box. The nav now works flawlessly. Sound comes through the phone, which is fine with me. I don't play media through phone. If you do, there has to be another way to make everything work. Thanks to all that helped. Art

Rayfire

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
O.K., under my BT settings I left the phone checked and UN-checked the media box. The nav now works flawlessly. Sound comes through the phone, which is fine with me. I don't play media through phone. If you do, there has to be another way to make everything work. Thanks to all that helped. Art

Interesting cause my problem is the opposite of yours. The navigation app volume is low while the music app is ok, both connected to car's audio BT system. I believe it's the app that has the bug on my end though.

With that being said, are you running any other apps in conjunction to your navigation and music?

goldrush28

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
No, Actually the only thing I use my BT for is the phone itself. I make and answer calls hands free and the sound comes through my car speakers. The navigation works as though I don't even have BT. Everything comes through the phone itself. That's because I unchecked the media box in my BT settings. It works for me. Like I said, I'm sure there is a way to get both phone and navigation (or some other type of media) to work. I can live with it the way it is so I stopped trying to figure it out. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol