LG G3 - Surely Clean Master is screwey...

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, so just about every two hours I have to purge 2-3 dozen apps because of battery drainage or overheating. Seems like that is a reoccurring problem and my phone is mis-managing apps. Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-05-16-02-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-05-16-02-04.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 162

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Is this some battery saving app or other?

Edit, 10s later....Sorry, I forgot the thread title. That app is presumably stopping apps from running in the background, which as I understand it, is not necessarily a good thing. I tried one once and you could press Optimise whenever you felt like it almost, and it would report how much extra battery time had been saved on each occasion. I was mistrustful of it, perhaps mistakenly, and uninstalled.

Posted via Android Central App

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, so just about every two hours I have to purge 2-3 dozen apps because of battery drainage or overheating. Seems like that is a reoccurring problem and my phone is mis-managing apps. Thoughts?

Are all the apps used on a daily basis if not disable some of those. I have had no overheating issues.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Are all the apps used on a daily basis if not disable some of those. I have had no overheating issues.

Yes, I've tried to disable unused apps, namely bloatware. However, I'm doing something wrong because those apps will re-emerge. And my battery temperature is typically 155°F.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You don't have an SD card on board by any chance?

micro SD? I do. Here is another picture. Now it says 45 apps are problems and my GPU temperature is too high.

Attachments

• 57888.jpg
    57888.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 122

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It's just that I seem to remember a thread or two from long ago on this forum, in which that was concluded to be, or was suspected of being, the cause of overheating....I believe in a 32GB version.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with 45 apps consuming power, or indeed any other number of apps. They'll need to when they're updating and syncing and so on in the background.

Also, who says your phone is overheating?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah 3rd party pages all list battery complaints. I know the physics behind why a battery and GPU overheat, it's how often that's driving me nuts.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Sorry Murph I added an Edit to my previous post as you were responding. But how do you know there's overheating?

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Sorry Murph I added an Edit to my previous post as you were responding. But how do you know there's overheating?

Well the application will tell me GPU and battery temperature, in Fahrenheit, and will also tell me that the specific temperature has exceeded an acceptable temperature range.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Yes and that may be true, but apps of this sort will often say that this or that is draining badly or that such and such is using too much storage etc., and advise the user to stop this, reduce that, uninstall the other and so on. I'd prefer to trust your judgement of whether the phone is overheating.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you've really got something burning cpu and battery in the background, especially after a reboot, you have a badly coded, misbehaving app. Rather than relying on another app to kill things indiscriminately, you need to figure out what app is causing problems. Killing apps, especially frequently used ones, just makes things worse, because Google will keep reloading them after CleanMaster shuts them down.

The first step I'd take is to uninstall CleanMaster.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
What application is showing this data.. Look to try GSam Battery in Play Store. I find it the most reliable with Motorola X, X2,Droid Inc 2, Droid DNA, Samsung GS3, Droid Turbo and also the LG G3

Sent using my Verizon Turbo charged 64GB Ballistic Nylon phone unfortunately with a case on back